NEW ZEALAND ASEAN SCHOLARS AWARDS - Information for study commencing in 2015
The New Zealand Aid Programme wishes to offers up to 10 New Zealand - ASEAN Scholars
Awards (NZ-AS) to Myanmar candidates for full-time postgraduate study at one of nine eligible New Zealand institutions.
Strong candidates from all areas will be considered. However, preference will be given to
candidates whose work experience or proposed field of study relates to the following sectors:
- Agriculture Development: Phytosanitary, agri-business management, agricultural
economics, agricultural systems and management, sericulture, vegetable production,
livestock, bio-security, biotechnology, food sciences, post-harvest processing, rural
- Disaster Risk Management: emergency management, hazard assessment and
management, climate change adaptation, natural resource management, environmental
management, geology, land planning & development.
- Private Sector Development: Management, leadership, economics, value chain
development, trade facilitation, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
development, private sector management, accountancy, applied economic, business
finance, commerce, research, marketing, entrepreneurship, industrial relation, logistics
& supply chain management including Tourism (Ecotourism, tourism management,
planning, resource, impact) and Renewable Energy (Geothermal, solar, hydro
engineering and wind energy)
- Public Sector Management: Law, justice, legal and judicial reform, human rights, gender
equity, development, public administration, public policy and management.
- English Language Traing: TESOL
To be eligible for a New Zealand ASEAN Scholars Awards, applicants must:
- Have a minimum IELTS (Academic) result of 6.5 overall, with no band less than 6.0 and
and results to be no older than 24 months at time of application.
- be a Myanmar citizen, age not over 40 years, and have been residing in Myanmar for the
last two years.
- not have citizenship/ permanent residence status for New Zealand or Australia.
- not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds New Zealand or
Australian citizenship or permanent residence status.
- not hold or have held a New Zealand Government or Australian Government scholarship in the preceding 24 months at the time of application.
- not be seeking support for a degree programme already commenced.
- not hold a qualification at a similar level or in a similar filed of study (this means holders of bachelor degree should apply for Masters degree).
- be available to take up the scholarship in the calendar year for which the scholarship is offered.
- hold a bachelor degree of strong academic merit that is relevant to the proposed post graduate qualification.
- satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand institution in which the degree programme is to be undertaken, including that institution’s English language criteria.
Candidates who show particularly strong developmental relevance and applicability may be able to receive support for English language training and/or an academic bridging course prior to starting their main academic qualification. Candidate who have an IELTS result of 6.0 overall, with no band less than 5.5, should therefore still consider applying for a Scholarship.
The New Zealand - ASEAN Scholarships covers
- Full tuition fees
- Travel costs
- An establishment and living allowance
- Medical and travel insurance
- Pastoral and academic support
How to Apply
Applicants must apply for a postgraduate programme and obtain a letter of Offer of Place from one of the nine eligible New Zealand education institutions.
Once applicant has obtained a letter of Offer of Place, applicants should then submit the
following documents to the New Zealand Embassy, Bangkok:
- Two (2) completed NZ-AS scholarship application forms.
- A copy of the Offer of Place.
- Supporting documents - referring on the second page of the NZAS scholarship
NZAS application forms can be downloaded from: http://www.nzembassy.com/thailand
Applicants should read the general information in the scholarship section of New Zealand Aid Programme website: http://www.aid.govt.nz/funding-and-contracts/scholarships/types-sch...
In order to apply for an award, please visit the university’s website for application instructions.
University of Auckland
Auckland University of Technology
University of Canterbury
University of Otago
University of Waikato
Victoria University of Wellington
Applications Deadline - 13 June 2014
Candidates notified for interviews - early July 2014
Interviews - mid – late July 2014
Awardess notified - October 2014
For further information on the application process, please contact:
Ms Sirikarn Thammawijit
Development Programme Administrator
New Zealand Embassy
M Thai Tower, 14th Floor,
All Seasons Place,
87 Wireless Road,
Phone: (02) 254 2530 ext. 29
Download the application form and further information on the priority sectors at http://www.nzembassy.com/thailand/news/new-zealand-asean-scholars-t...
application link could not found and i can't open the link
All the links are working. Please try again.
No, you cannot apply the above scholar without IELTS result. You must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) result of 6.5 overall.
Do you have any strong recommendation for the person who is working in other fields that not include in the list. Thanks.
IELTS course is very expensive for Myanmar students and I also didn't take the IELTS exam. It would be better for Myanmar people who are willing to apply for this scholarship program without IELTS scores, as a special chance. I hope you/your organization will understand the status of Myanmar Education level. Actually I am also really interested in your scholarship program.