Health Assistant / Nurse -Myebon
30 January 2017
Relief International is a humanitarian non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, development assistance, and program services to vulnerable communities worldwide. Relief International is dedicated to reducing human suffering and is non-political and non-sectarian in its mission.
In Rakhine State, Relief International has been implementing humanitarian and development programs with health care services and early recovery programmes, WASH and Protection (including Child protection services) program among Muslim and Rakhine communities in Mrauk U and Myebon townships (including Taung Paw).
RI has approximately over 70 staff working from field offices in Sittwe, Myebon, and Mrauk U.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
RI Myanmar values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities. RI Myanmar staffs shall have commitments to emphasize on local participation, integration of services, strategic partnerships, and focus on civic skills, to apply “Do No Harm” principle and principle of accountability, and self-accountable for behaving respectful manner, cultural sensitive, non-discrimination on marginalized groups for making decision on managing resources efficiently.
Job Title: Health Assistant/Nurse
Number of Position: 2
Location: Myebon Office, Rakhine State
Report to: Medical Officer
Starting Date: Immediately
- To assist the medical doctors in giving appropriate medical care to the patient, according to protocol.
- To manage patients flow in clinic triage according to the Relief International guideline and the patients’ condition and minimizing cross infection between patients
- To perform proper consultations for basic health care as well as reproductive health care cases as deemed appropriate and ensure proper referral to the doctor as indicated.
- To provide proper nursing care to the patients in camp clinic or static clinic.
- To assist in home Based Care and other outreach activities
- To assist the patients during referral to Government Hospital
- To ensure proper cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving of all instruments, as related to the overall hygiene of the medical facilities.
- To ensure strict adherence to universal precautions in the health centres
- To follow and ensure the maintenance of clinic hygiene
- To follow Universal Precaution and proper waste management as per international strictly at work place and also keep awareness and supervise for universal precaution issues especially in mobile clinic
Record keeping and Medical Supplies
- To record the drugs dispensed to every patient in daily consumption registers.
- To keep proper records and registers.
- To ensure proper records of patients history kept on file and confidentially.
- To maintain an orderly drug store and to submit regular records of drug consumption.
- To ensure that medical inventories are kept and that monthly requisitions for all medical items are prepared.
Reporting and Trainings
- To submit monthly report to Line Manager including the recorded database, summary and overview of status, problems/issues etc
- To work in collaboration with BHS staffs if necessary
- To assist Medical Doctors in training ( CHW, AMW & TBA) and participate as TOT
Communication and Coordination
- To maintain good relationship with BHS staffs and all the team members from Myebon and Sittwe
- To closely collaborate with Referral Officer if patient needs to refer
- To take part in program meeting, program review and in general staff meetings
- To collect sputum and blood samples as necessary or indicated. And sent to government hospital if necessary.
- Any others relevant tasks upon special request by Supervisor according to program needs
- University degree in Nursing or BNSc or Health Assistant
- Valid license or Graduation Certificate in hand to practice nursing/Health Assistant in Myanmar
- Previous experience working in INGOs, LNGO is preferable.
- Willing to work for marginalized population in clinic based setting and in a multicultural context
- Basic English
- Able to speak local language( desirable)
- Flexible and empathetic attitude
- Able to manage pharmacy items and dispensary management daily, weekly and monthly.
- Good communication skills between the clients and staff and among the team.
- Able to work under little supervision to complete tasks with timely manner.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at email@example.com or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Health Assistant/Nurse” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 13.February.2017. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Due to the nature of our work we aim to fill the vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close the advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.