English Teacher Position
Center for Vocational Training (CVT)
Vacancy Announcement (Local Only)
Center for Vocational Training (CVT), Yangon, provides vocational training according to the dual apprenticeship model (Theory and Practice) from Switzerland. CVT works closely with a wide range of training companies as a non-profit organization since 2002.
CVT is currently looking for a motivated, experienced candidate for the position of English Teacher.
Position Title : English Teacher
No. of Position : 1 (One)
Report to : Head of Profession (General Education)
Location : Yangon
- contribute to constantly develop the profession specific curriculum to the latest state of technology which meets the needs of the actual Myanmar labour market
- assure to be updated with the real, relevant and actual professional and didactical knowledge and skills state of the art technology and constantly improve English language efficiency
- plan activities and learning steps by following the resource-oriented and learner-centered didactical approach
- provide adequate learning opportunities to the apprentices. These activities include active and multiple lesson methods to foster independent learning.
- establish clear objectives for all lessons and define intended competences for specific themes in accordance with the curriculum guidelines
- prepare lesson plan, annual plan, test questions according to the needs of students and organization
- develop, select, assemble and use vivid and illustrative learning aids (books, texts, scripts, pictures, materials, supplies, equipment etc.) which support apprentices to understand the theory and to transfer it into their practical daily work. Such learning aids support to develop apprentices' professional identity and job performance
- plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities and guide apprentices in learning from those activities
- consult with parents or training companies, other teachers, counselors and administrators in order to resolve apprentices’ behavioral issues and learning difficulties
- work together with external examiner in oral tests
- create questions and answers for the final examination and coordinate with Swiss experts in the yearly final examination design approval process
- perform with accurate and complete student records on time as required (attendance control, apprentice affairs, subject documentation and other specific reports) to HoP, HoVT, CRT and to Administration department along the CVT Guidelines
- Bachelor degree holder
- Master degree holder is preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience in teaching English to Adults
- Can teach 4 skills of English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft office software package (word, excel, power point) and email, internet
- Neutral political and/or religious mindset
- Must be capable of working both individually or as part of a team
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV, recent passport sized photo, copy of relevant documents to CVT at firstname.lastname@example.org or the reception counter of CVT located at 3rd floor, , MRCS building, No.42, Strand Road, Botataung Township, Yangon not later than September 19, 2017 (Tuesday) 5:00pm.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- CVT has the right to fill this position before closing date of application. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.