Community Outreach Officer
10 November 2017
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International Myanmar is providing a package of responses to the IDPs in Myebon Township in Rakhine State, including activities in WASH, health and child protection. In Child Protection, Relief International is introducing a community-based child protection framework for IDPs including: setting up of child friendly spaces with trained community volunteers, activities and resources; recruitment of Case Management Officer within the camps; mainstreaming of child protection in the wider township infrastructure.
Job Title: Community Outreach Officer
Number of Position: 1
Location: Myebon Office, Rakhine State
Report to: Head of Sub Office- Myebon
Starting Date: Immediately
As Community Outreach Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring all camp management activities as part of Relief International’s humanitarian programming in Myebon Township’s two IDP camps. COO will provide direct support to existing camp management structures/committees and strengthen information sharing between RI and its beneficiary IDPs. COO will coordinate with RI program staff and other camp service providers to ensure services are adequately provided and well communicated.
- Support Camp Management Committee and Women’s Committee to strengthen camp governance and improve communication.
- Facilitate awareness raising and sensitization of camp population as needed (i.e. distribution announcements, messages from service agencies, etc.).
- Implement a complaints and feedback mechanism; liaise with RI Protection staff to ensure sensitive matters are dealt with separately.
- Lead biweekly meetings between Camp Management Committee (CMC), RI camp-based program staff, and other camp service providers.
- In conjunction with M&E Officer, collect, analyze, and report camp population data as needed.
- Oversee distribution of non-food items (NFIs), installation of solar lights (in consultation with WASH Engineer), and improvement of camp management office.
Desired background and experience
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Community Outreach Officer” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 24 November 2017, 5:00 PM. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Due to the nature of our work we aim to fill the vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close the advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Add a Comment