Org. : Independent Lawyers’ Association of Myanmar
Position : Finance & Admin Officer
Term : Full time, One year term, but extendable yearly
The Independent Lawyers’ Association of Myanmar (ILAM) is the first national independent professional organization of lawyers in Myanmar. The ILAM launched in January 2016 at an event hosted by the Parliamentary Committee on Rule of Law and Tranquility and the International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute. Its elected Central Executive Committee has already made progress with a range of initiatives on behalf of its 4000+ members. In 2017 ILAM formed and established its Secretariat Office led and run by the Executive Director with the office staffs in order to implement ILAM policies and perform its day-day to activities such as those of the projects of ILAM in order to meet the objectives of ILAM. ILAM is seeking to recruit the position of Membership Coordinator/Admin Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance & Administration Officer is responsible for the overall financial management (planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting) and adminstration of the ILAM.
- Establish/refine and implement administration and logistics procedures in line with organizational requirements
- Arrange purchase of items for office such as stationary, furniture etc, and
maintain inventory of association assets
- Maintain a strong financial filling system and manage filing the financial documents in both hard and electronic form.
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement of equipment and supplies for the office
- Other general office support such as calling maintenance if something’s break down or tidying up the office
- Assist Admin Officer to arrange logistics for events, trainings, meetings and projects
- Under the supervision of ILAM, the Consultant will:
- Implement the strategic financial plan: including organizational, annual, monthly, and activity budgeting; adherence to ILAM financial procedures; cash flow management; development of a funding application plan; and timely settlement of expenses
- Maintain strong relationships with donors, and maintain an updated listing or database of contact information, potential funding opportunities, and donor technical priorities.
- Together with the ILAM Project Manager, develop concept notes and budgets for ILAM projects in line with their constitutional objectives e.g provision of pro bono services, law reform, continuing legal education and source funding for proposed projects;
- Work with the members of ILAM’ CEC to develop a strategy for expansion of the membership of association;
- Implement the strategy for expanding the membership of ILAM, including developing a system to collect and track membership fees, donations, member information; exsiting member retention and new member recruitment.
- prepare the financial report on time in line with donor requirements
- Follow donor regulations and reporting requirements for the project
- Report to the Executive Director on a monthly basis (cash book, status of budgets and financial situation, etc.), and to Central Executive Committee(CECs) quarterly, to enable decision-making
- Provide financial management advice on revisions of budgets, preparing periodical forecasts and any amendments needed
- Monitor petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on program needs
- Management and reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts, preparation of the monthly cash counts and financial records including cashbooks, to be submitted to ED, 5 main committees and donor, ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records as required for auditing
- Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery
- Control of salary payments to staff, including national insurance and tax liabilities, reconciling the same and monitoring medical expenses, subsistence allowances, mobile phone usage, etc.
- Ensure the processes outlined in the Finance Manual are applied consistently and completely
- Coordinate with regional ILAM offices to disseminate information to members and collect membership fees in accordance with ILAM financial procedures
- Preparation of audits (general audit, donors’ audits)
- Prepare the consolidated budget for all grants.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field or Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
Prefer LCCI Level 2 or Level 3
Experience and Skills: 3+ years’ experience in finance and admin preferably with an INGO or a local NGO. Excellent understanding of MS Office with high proficiency in Excel, Power point, and Word. Ability to manage numerous work streams simultaneously. Ability to prioritize work requirements and meet deadlines
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role
To firstname.lastname@example.org with CC to email@example.com .
For information, please contact
Association Registration No. 1/domestic/0240
No. 60/62, 1st floor, 45 Street, Lower Block, Botahtaung Township, Yangon
Website: www.ilam.org.mm, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 09 425982616