Re Job Announcement
Mrauk U Township, Rakhine State
Date: 2 July 2018
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.
Job Title: Midwife
Number of Position: 1
Location: Mrauk U Township, Rakhine State
Report to: Medical Officer
Starting Date: Immediately
- Work with Medical Officer to provide skilled care to pregnant and lactating women.
- Closely work with Medical Officer and nurses to
- Educate women on available family planning methods and assist them in choosing the most appropriate method for those who are interested
- Administer family planning and reproductive health care to patients
- Provide health education for individual patients
- To remind family planning patients of next appointment
- To ensure proper cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving of all instruments, as related to the overall hygiene of the medical equipment according to SOP.
- To ensure proper records of patients history kept on file and confidentially
- Support the timely delivery of program activities (for example, monitoring against log frames and work plans).
- Work with Medical Officer, other INGOs, local authorities, and community leaders to establish a referral pathway for survivors of gender-based violence.
- Assist to MO and FHC to Liaise with Township Medical Officer and other healthcare providers that provide services to survivors.
- Administer psychological first aid when appropriate
- Check Data validity of SRH data with Nurses regularly and report to Medical Officer and DEA
- Report to supervisor timely related with, training, medication usage, GBV and protection issues including problem and challenges.
- Track usage of RH commodities and supplies for the mobile clinic
- Submit monthly reports on services provided and numbers of people reached to Medical Officer
- Participate actively in emergency medical response for victims affected by disasters if needs
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Medical Officer, Field Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, or Health Program Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge of Family Planning, AN care, PN care, IYCF and Reproductive Health.
- Have experience in providing sexual and reproductive health services as a nurse or midwife.
- Ability to guarantee patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to give clear message to the community regarding services available and assurance of privacy
- Ability to give clear message to individuals regarding their condition, treatment options, subsequent self-care, and warning signs
- Can be able to prepare documentation and monthly report
Desired qualification, skills and experience
- Have Midwife or nursing diploma
- Previous clinical working experience as a midwife required
- Previous experience in an NGO is preferable.
- Able to speak local language required
- Able to speak Muslim language (desirable)
- Flexible, positive, and empathetic attitude
- Experience of giving health education session to the community
- Able to work under little supervision to complete tasks with timely manner.
- Willing to work for marginalized population in clinic based setting and in a multicultural context
- Good communication skills between the clients and staff and among the team.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Midwife” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 16 July, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.