Medical Officer- Myebon Township, Rakhine State
Date: 9 July 2018
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.
Job Title: Medical Officer
Number of Position: 1
Location: Myebon Township, Rakhine State
Report to: Field Health Coordinator
Starting Date: Immediately
- To provide the appropriate medical management of all patients seen in camp and Static or mobile clinic days by direct consultation and by supervision, coaching Nurses/Health Assistant, Clinic Assistant/Dispenser, Health Educator and Translator
- To participate actively in emergency medical response for victims affected by disasters if needs
- To ensure all the medical services and treatments provided are in line with and according to protocols/ guidelines
- To ensure regular follow-up of some patients who are suffering from chronic diseases
- To supervise the Camp and Static or mobile clinic setting is in Universal Precaution and proper waste management as per international strictly at work place and also keep awareness and supervise for universal precaution issues
- To determine when a patient should refer to higher care facilities and make proper referral system with Referral Officer
- To be assure the smooth flow of the clinic and treat the patients with respect, empathy and good personal relationship
- To supervise Nurse/Health Assistant for the control of drug stock (Record, Remaining balance, Monthly or timely physical stock count, etc.) and to implement effective Pharmacy Management System with Nurse/Health Assistant
- To ensure that stock registers, patient registers are done correctly and systematically and that numbers are medically pertinent
- To prepare appropriate monthly work plan for all staffs and ensure to operate clinic activities in accordance with approved work plan by Health Coordinator
- To manage and supervise Nurse/Health Assistant, Clinic Assistant/Dispenser, Health Educator and Translator during working time
- To take financial accountability and responsibility for mobile team operations under the guidance, supervision and management of Health Coordinator/ Head of Rakhine
Data Collection and Reporting
- To collect data and timely report on morbidity and mortality of patients according to RI standard reporting tools
- To monitor all relevant data to be correct and also supervise data collection by other staffs and do timely reporting to Health Coordinator
- To submit monthly report to Line Manager including the recorded database, summary and overview of status, problems/issues, etc.
- To inform to Health Coordinator for specific medical needs, including potential disease outbreaks, in intervention settings
- To collaborate with Health Coordinator and give theoretical and on-job training to medical and para-medical staffs including Auxiliary Midwife, community health Workers from intervention settings depending on needs
Communication, Coordination and Supporting as Liaison
- To excellent communication with strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with local communities
- To maintain good relationship with Basic Health staffs and all the team members from Myebon and Sittwe
- To work closely with Finance Department for financial issues
- To work close with Logistic Department and other sectors for team movement plan
- To be liaison officer when monitoring visit by Senior Staffs from Health Program or Government Staffs
- To be part of the team to do assessment in the areas affected by disasters
- To collect appropriate data, both quantitative and qualitative, from medical point of view
- To assist Health Coordinator or Technical Health Officer in preparing assessment reports by giving all necessary inputs from medical perspective
- To take part in program meeting, program review and in general staff meetings
- To assist the patients during referral to Government Hospital if needs
- To adopt non-judgmental attitude, manage patients with compassion and maintain strict confidentiality and privacy
- Any others relevant tasks upon special request by Supervisor according to program needs
- B.,B.S degree with valid license
- Previous experience working in INGOs, LNGO is preferable.
- Good knowledge of primary health care, TB, MNCH and Reproductive Health
- Experience in emergency medical response will be an asset.
- To be a good team player and good personal skill to coworkers
- Willing to work for marginalized population in clinic based setting and in a multicultural context
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential
- Flexible and empathetic attitude
- Good general computer skill, excellent command of Excel
- Good communication skills between the clients and staff and among the team.
- Able to work under little supervision to complete tasks with timely manner.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at email@example.com or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Medical Officer” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 23 July, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.