Community Health Officer-Myebon Township (Rakhine State)
Date: 4thDecember 2018
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.
Job Title: Community Health Officer
Number of Position: 2
Location: Myebon Township, Rakhine State
Report to: Field Health Coordinator
Project Start Date: January 2019
Overall Objectives (scope)
Under the direct supervision of Field Health Coordinator, the Community Health Officer provides necessary assistance to ensure the development and implementation of the Coordinated Township Health Plan (CTHP) through good coordination and collaboration with relevant township stakeholders including from the Township Health Department, other implementing agencies, and community-based organizations.
Responsible on strengthening of health volunteers network for A2H in Rakhine
- Work closely with BHS staffs ; Township health Department, from Rural Health center and sub Rural Health Center to implement CTHP activities
- Assist township health department at supervision visit of new and existing village health workers (AMW, CHW)
- Mapping of health facilities and health volunteers (THD/EHO) and updating on regular basic.
- Mapping and data collection of health related indicators.
- Awareness on feedback mechanism of health care providers, health services and also from the community and give explanation to the respective person and report back to Field Health Coordinator.
Responsible on implementation in health system strengthening at targeted areas.
- Provide support to Field Health Coordinator to develop CTHP implementation plan with appropriate timelines and targets
- Supervision on joint activities implementation with Township health Department.
- Facilitate coordination meetings, advocacy meetings and awareness raising sessions at the community level, together with community health promoters as required.
- Facilitate in training for BHS and VHW conducted at Township level as required.
- Facilitate in training for Capacity building Training to CBO/CSO and local organizations.
Responsible of strengthening partners who are working together on A2H at targeted areas.
- Responsible for close collaboration and coordination with partners for implantation of the project
- Conducted meeting with partners in targeted area as required
- Technical supporting to partners in regular schedule basic
- Working closely with Field Health Coordinator on partner approach sustainability planning of the project
- Mapping of partners’ service coverage area and updating on monthly basic
- Joint supervision and monitoring planning with partners specially BHS
Representative of Relief International for networking and coordination with INGO/LNGO, CBOs, CSOs and other community actors.
- Coordinate with key community level stakeholders from different community-based organizations to ensure participatory project design and implementation.
- Attend external meetings if/when assigned to represent RI.
Technical and close supervision with community health promoters in project implementation
- To ensure the effective management , activities planning, technical supporting to community health promoters
- Supervision on community health promoters
- Understanding of and adherence to confidentiality is a re
- Management on human resource community health promoters by supporting of direct supervisor
Responsible for reporting and activities planning according to reporting guideline Rakhine.
- Assist the Field Health Coordinator to prepare project teams weekly and monthly work plans along health promoters.
- Participate in conducting situational analysis and other M&E activities as necessary under the guidance of the Field Health Coordinator and MEL team.
- Collect and compile project data regularly to submit to the Field Health Coordinator, including case studies, success stories and focus group discussions.
- Cross checking data and feed backs with M&E team (eg referral report, PIP, HMIS and others according to reporting guideline)
- Provide support to the township health department and RI Logistics Assistant to regularly update on inventory of medical and non-medical items supported by the project.
- Carry out other tasks as required due to the project nature or as advised by the supervisor.
- Health-related degree
- At least1-2 years in public Health area working with INGO / LNGO/ UN especially in Rakhine State.
- Proven experience in coordination with local authorities, health staff and communities.
- Can work well in MS Word, Excel, Power point
- Willingness to make frequent field trips to the assigned areas , including hard to reach by Boats, Car, Motorbike, Tok Tok including overnights stay.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and working environment
- Knowledge of conflict sensitivity and “Do No Harm” approach
- Fluency in one of the local dialects is preferable
- Comprehensible communication skills, both written and spoken, in Myanmar and English
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at email@example.com or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Community Health Officer-Myebon” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 14, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value: Inclusiveness, Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration, Sustainability