Hygiene Promotion Officer-Myebon Township (Rakhine State)
Date: 7thMarch 2019
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way— emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In
this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Hygiene Promotion Officer
Number of Position:
Myebon Township, Rakhine State
Application Dead Line:
20th March 2019
- Carry out collection of survey data and needs assessments in regards to the hygiene knowledge and practices for target communities.
- Communicate closely with established camp committees to:
- Know current health/hygiene situation.
- Understand ongoing needs.
- Monitor UNHCR indicators (separate document) in order to provide data to Myanmar government and UN agencies to ensure IDPs have adequate facilities, healthcare, access to livelihoods, education and other provisions as outlined in the indicators.
- Coordinate closely with WASH Project Manager to organize Non-Food Items (NFI) kits and refilling distribution to all households in Muslim and Rakhine camps and in close collaboration with implementing partners (UN agencies and NGOs) and key community members.
- Identify key community members, health workers and volunteers to implement hygiene sensitization activities to spread hygiene messages through the IDP population.
- Organize promotion activities in the camps and communities, and conduct hygiene training sessions on how to use hygiene kits.
- Coordinate in a collegial manner with WASH Engineer on logistics activities to coordinate assistance from the Logistics Assistant (shared between WASH Engineer and WASH Hygiene Promotion Manager).
- Develop monthly work plans under the supervision of the WASH Manager (when in-country), or to Head of Response, Rakhine, in the absence of a WASH Manager.
- Meet with local government officials and community groups to inform them of project work plans, facility designs and current and future activities; receive their input to ensure open dialogue and appropriate suggestions and approval.
- Assist M&E Officer, or any M&E consultant teams in the collection of data for needs assessments and evaluations.
- Travel to Sittwe to meet with department heads and Head of Response, Rakhine, as needed to facilitate project implementation and troubleshooting.
- File all reports, requests and paperwork as requested, and in the manner and format specified, by Country Director, Head of Response for Rakhine, Program Manager Health, Finance (Yangon and Sittwe), HR (Yangon and Sittwe) and Logistics (Yangon and Sittwe) in a timely manner, according to RI procedure and on the date required.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Sittwe-based Project Manager, or Head of Response, Rakhine.
- Provide Technical support for RERA Program to build Wash infrastructure (Namely culverts and ponds).
- Educational, Technical and language requirements or skills, as appropriate.
- Years and type of previous experience, as appropriate.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Must be flexible, willing to
- Perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Hygiene Promotion Officer -Myebon” in the subject line.The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 20, 2019
Due to the nature of our work we aim to fill the vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close the advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value: Inclusiveness, Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration, Sustainability.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.