Admin and Logistics Officer-Lashio Township (Northern Shan State)
Date: 25th March 2019
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way— emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In
this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Admin and Logistics Officer
Number of Position:
Lashio Township, Northern Shan State
Humanitarian Project Manager
Application Dead Line:
5th April 2019
Logistics and Procurement
- To ensure seamless and prompt logistics systems from initial requests to purchase, prioritizing needs of community and program team.
- To ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with RI policy and procedure.
- Check accordingly and review on logistics and procurement documentations.
- Provide necessary assistance on any local logistic procedures to improve efficiency and be proactive to promptly advise senior management on logistics issues.
- Assist the logistics and procurement processes are functioning well.
- Keep a logistics calendar as needed to ensure processes are handled in a timely manner and all logistics, procurement and utilities are filed appropriately.
Inventory, Stock Management and Warehousing
- Assist tracking and inventory control system of RI/donor assets, supplies and goods.
- Arrange all inventories and supplies are organized for efficiency and neatness in Warehouse.
- Check physical verification of assets, equipment and inventories as required by RI
- Assist on developing reports of inventories and assets to RI HQ or donors as needed
- Issue assets to staff as needed, ensure staff fulfilment for return of assets, reporting as needed.
- Assist a relinquishment/ disposal process in accordance with RI and donor policies (for assets returned to donor or retired).
- Check through with monitoring checklist on office assets and inventory in each field office.
- Arrange control movement of equipment and assets into the field.
Transportation and Vehicle Safety
- Arrange all staff travel with smoothly and cost effective manners ,the transportation of program materials and program inputs in timely and safely.
- Ensure the safety materials of vehicle are in right place and coordinate with driver to make sure that car, motorbikes, and tuk tuk are in proper working order
Communication and Reporting
- Maintain efficient communication and relation with potential suppliers.
- Provide related information data for quarterly inventory, and monthly in-kind donation report to Logistics Officer.
- To ensure effective management and security of organization assets
- Supervising the use of the RI’ vehicles and office/houses and keeping regular service and repair records of RI’ vehicles, houses and generator
- Regular checking the condition of RI assets and premises and responding to reports from departments concerning repairs, acquisition and maintenance of assets.
- Defining security guidelines and ensuring adherence
- Verifying utility invoices to ascertain that they are correct and cooperation with the Finance for utility payments
- To ensure the effective management of RI external service contracts
- To ensure the proper recording and maintenance of important communications, attending, taking and keeping minutes of the SMT and others meetings and taking accurate minutes of meetings and coordinating office procedures.
- Coordination and support to between Yangon and Lashio operating units in resolving day to day administrative issue
- Sending out and receiving mail and writing letters and emails on behalf of other office staff for authorization letter and submit to the relevant government office
- Performing multifaceted general office support and coordinating repairs to office equipment and operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, generator, computers, car, motorbike, other office machine and monitoring stationary levels and ordering office supplies
- Organizing travel arrangements for all staffs and booking conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc
- Greeting and assisting visitors to the office
- Handling sensitive information in a confidential manner and provide information to internal colleagues or external enquirers
- Receiving, sorting and distributing the post and carrying administrative duties such as filling, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Monthly reporting and work plan need to be done according to reporting guideline by RI
- To perform and other logistics and administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Required Qualification and Experience
- Must have relevant University or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar position working with LNGOs / INGOs/ UNs
- Ability to plan work and achieve goals in at timely manner, working independently
- Good communication skills, written and spoken, in both Myanmar and English
- Good working knowledge and skills of computer ( MS Office )
- Field experience on cost-reimbursable projects;
- This job description has been read and agreed by
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at email@example.com or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Admin and Logistics Officer” in the subject line.
The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2019.
Due to the nature of our work we aim to fill the vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close the advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value: Inclusiveness, Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration, Sustainability.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.