Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator-Yangon
Date: 29th March 2019
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Number of Position:
Head of Health Technical Coordination Unit
Application Dead Line:
19th April 2019
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide technical guidance to field office M&E staffs for health program in developing databases against required information for reporting and monitoring purpose
- Ensure the quality of collected information and data in accordance with the donor compliance and usage for internal learning and reprogramming
- Serve as the focal person in coordinating and collaborating with Head of Health Technical and Coordination Unit regarding M&E matters of the program and projects
- Contribute to creating forms and formats which are necessary for program and project activities against predefined indicators and log-frame through close collaboration with Health Program team
- Undertake regular (at least quarterly) monitoring visits to field offices for the purpose of supervising and mentoring M&E staffs in respect of implementing M&E activities
- Support contacting and negotiating with external agencies/donors for program/projects evaluations as well as mid-term and project-end reviews
- Promote use of data by Health Program Coordinators/Managers including for effective planning, allocation and utilization of resources
- Review and analyse data from various resources such as routine data systems, program reviews, evaluations, health facility assessments and special studies
- Support health program team in the development of log frames for future projects and proposals
- Support the design, development and implementation of FGD, patient satisfaction forms, KAP surveys and research
- Management and Supervision
- Provide technical supervision/support for health M&E staffs in Shan and Rakhine Health projects for day-to-day data processing, consolidating and analysis
- Initiate regular communication (phone/Skype/face to face) with M&E field staff to get updates of current issues and to find solutions together
- Capacity building and training for staff (including partners staff)
- Improve knowledge and capacity of M&E staffs for health program as well as partner staffs by providing hands-on training and coaching, as necessary
- Mentor staff in their understanding and application of M&E activities against developed M&E plan by providing constructive feedbacks to their performance through regular supervision visit
- Assist Supervisor in promoting monitoring and evaluation concepts among program staffs through M&E related trainings to staffs
- Support AEI focal persons in integrating AEI activities in programs/ projects implementation and data systems
- Technical support to Health Program Coordinators/Managers and Sr. Health Technical and Coordination Officer about the conflict sensitivity.
- Provide program data and information to RSO and GSO, as requested
- Ensure the values of participation, partnership, sustainability, social responsibility, cost effectiveness, transparency, and accountability are reflected in work place.
- Assist Supervisor in implementing organizational learning activities and overseeing country-wide programs
- Support Supervisor to provide data, analysis and learning to Program Development Director for use in seeking partnership and funding opportunities
- Any other responsibilities may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Have a degree in a field related to development and/or project management.
- Master of Public Health or Primary Health Care Management holder preferable
- At least three years minimum work experience with M&E methods and approaches such as planning and implementation of M&E systems, training in M&E development and implementation, information analysis and report writing.
- Have a better understanding of Myanmar Health System, humanitarian and development with a focus on participatory process and join management.
- Wiling to undertake interact with different stakeholders especially local ethnic health organization (EHO).
- Willingness to make frequent trips to hard to reach areas
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power point
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and work environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, in both Myanmar and English
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at email@example.com or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator-Yangon” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 19, 2019.
Due to the nature of our work we aim to fill the vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close the advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value: Inclusiveness, Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration, Sustainability.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.