Health Assistant - Myebon
Date: 03rd April 2019
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Number of Position:
Senior Medical Officer
Application Dead Line:
- To assist and provide appropriate medical care to the users, according to protocols, guidelines and international standards.
- To manage patients flow in clinic and the triage according to the Relief International guideline and ensuring screening are implemented.
- To perform proper consultations for basic health care as well as reproductive health care cases as deemed appropriate and ensure proper referral to the medical officer as indicated.
- To provide proper care to the patients in camp clinic or static clinic including home visits when required
- To assist in home Based Care, Mobile clinic and other outreach activities/
- To assist the patients during referral to other health facilities.
- To assist and collaborate on the health promotion and health education as appropriate.
- To ensure proper cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving of all instruments, as related to the overall hygiene of the medical facilities.
- To ensure strict adherence to universal precautions in the health centers.
- To follow and ensure the maintenance of clinic hygiene
- To follow Universal Precaution and proper waste management as per international strictly at work place and also keep awareness and supervise for universal precaution issues .
Record keeping and Medical Supplies
- To record the drugs dispensed to every patient in daily consumption registers.
- To keep proper records and registers.
- To ensure proper records of patients history kept on file and confidentially.
- To maintain an orderly drug store and to submit regular records of drug consumption.
- To ensure that medical inventories are kept and that monthly requisitions for all medical items are prepared.
- To ensure pharmacy management and safety as per international standars.
Reporting and Trainings
- To submit monthly report to Line Manager including the recorded database, summary and overview of status, problems/issues etc.
- To keep detailed and accurate record and registration of the patients as well as databases, including data entry.
- To assist in training initiatives.
Communication and Coordination
- To maintain good relationship with all staffs, especially health volunteers.
- To take part in program meeting, program review and in general staff meetings
- To closely collaborate with other RI teams, especially Protection.
- Any others relevant tasks upon special request by Medical Officer, Field Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, or Health Program Officer according to program needs
- University degree/qualification as Health assistant.
- Valid license or Graduation Certificate in hand to practice in Myanmar
- Mandatory experience working in clinical settings
- Desirable experience managing pharmacies.
- Previous experience working in INGOs, LNGO is preferable.
- Willing to work for marginalized and rural populations and in a multicultural context
- Basic English and Myanmar language
- Ability to speak local languages (desirable)
- Flexible and empathetic attitude
- Able to manage pharmacy items and dispensary management daily, weekly and monthly.
- Good communication skills between the clients and staff and among the team.
- Able to work under little supervision to complete tasks with timely manner.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief International at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon and No. (362), Thatahtarna Road, Pyi Thaw Thar Quarter, Bo Gyi Pho Tar Ywor, Sittwe, quoting “Medical Officer - Myebon” in the subject line and will need to submit not later than 5:00 p.m. on 19th April 19
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value: Inclusiveness, Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration, Sustainability.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the non-discrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.