Nurse-Myebon Township (Rakhine State)
Date: 14th May 2019
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
Number of Position:
Myebon Township, Rakhine State
Senior Community Health Officer
- To lead and perform nursing care, activities and procedures according to RI SOPs and guidelines to ensure getting quality of health care services supporting the health assistant / nurse team when required.
- Organizing the carry out care and administering treatments as prescribed when required supporting the health assistant / nurse team when required.
- To perform and manage patients flow in clinic triage according to the Relief International guideline and the patients’ condition when required
- To lead and manage nutritional services as per IMAM guidelines, being responsible for the patients care and the follow-up as well as the community nutrition activities.
- To closely work with the midwife on the implementation of SRH and MNCH services if required.
- Responsible of implementing and following up the community health promotion and education activities, including the training and facilitation to different groups, along the health educators team, supervising their activities and collaborating on the materials production.
- To assist in home Based Care and other outreach activities.
- To identify and report cases in need of referral during the community activities.
- To assist the patients during referral to other health facilities if required.
- To ensure strict adherence to universal precautions in the health centres
- To follow and ensure the maintenance of clinic hygiene
- To follow Universal Precaution and proper waste management as per RI and international
Reporting and Trainings
- To lead the health educators teams and design health education activities
- Design the IEC materials with input from the team and beneficiaries.
- To keep proper records and registers, including data entry, of the activities implemented , specially IMAM cases.
- To ensure proper records of patients history kept on file and confidentially.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and record keeping of all patient data
- To participate and assisnt in training initiatives and CMR .
- To lead FGD with specific group of community if needed
Communication and Coordination
- To maintain good relationship with all staff, specially health volunteers.
- To take part in program meeting, program review and in general staff meetings
- To closely collaborate with other RI teams, specially Protection.
- Any others relevant tasks upon special request by Medical Officer, Field Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, or Health Program Officer according to program needs.
- University degree in Nursing.
- Valid license or Graduation Certificate in hand to practice nursing in Myanma
- Mandatory experience working in Community base Nutrition programmes.
- Previous experience in health education and promotion is desirable.
- Previous experience working in INGOs, LNGO is preferable.
- Willing to work for marginalized and rural populations and in a multicultural context
- Basic English and Myanmar language.
- Ability to speak local languages (desirable)
- Flexible and empathetic attitude
- Able to manage pharmacy items and dispensary management daily, weekly and monthly.
- Good communication skills between the clients and staff and among the team.
- Able to work under little supervision to complete tasks with timely manner.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and names of three referees to Relief
International at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Relief International at No. 202, U Wisara Road, West Shwegonedine, Bahan Township, Yangon quoting “Nurse-Myebon” in the subject line. The position will be advertised no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 27, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Accountability, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International values accountability, equity and inclusion in all aspects of program and project activities, and fully respects “Do No Harm” principles. Its staff is committed to ensuring the nondiscrimination of marginalized groups in the management and allocation of resources, and fostering local participation, accountability, integration of services and strategic partnerships.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value: Inclusiveness, Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration, Sustainability.