World Food Programme Myanmar – Vacancy Announcement
Contract type : Service Contract (SC-2)
Post title : Driver
Number of Post : One
Duty Stations : Yangon
Report To : Business Support Assistant (Fleet Management)
Required Period of Service : 12 months (Extendable)
Deadline for application : 16 March 2020
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Business Support Assistant (Fleet Management) and overall supervision of Head of Finance and Admin, the Driver will be responsible for and not limited to the following duties:
- Drive assigned means of transport for the transport of authorized WFP staff member, visitors, goods, messages, mail, etc;
- Drives WFP staff and official visitors to/from the country/regional office as per authorized routing and as per UN safety and security rules and regulations;
- Collect and deliver goods, mail, documents, and other items;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Take care of the day-today maintenance of the assigned means of transport, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Read and understand specific vehicle/vessel operating manual to ensure the safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle;
- Negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate smooth running of vehicle/vessel movements in the designated area;
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Where appropriate, schedule drivers and vehicles/vessels for use on a daily basis;
- Check means of transport for mechanical fitness and the security of the cargo, ensuring that cargo is protected against all weather conditions;
- Produce weekly records of mileage travelled and tonnage moved;
- Check log books of the WFP vehicles/vessels for completeness of record;
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the appropriate personnel;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Desired Experience for Entry into the Role
Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Myanmar. Ability to speak in local language will be an added advantage.
Please send applications to: Human Resources Unit
Driver SC2 (Yangon)
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street, Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Email to: email@example.com
Note: Applications are invited from Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references. Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.