Announcement of Stand-By Roster for Women Employees (Driver)
(ဤအလုပ္ေၾကာ္ျငာစာသည္ ကုလသမဂၢ ကမ ၻာ့စားနပ္ရိကၡာအစီအစဥ္တြင္တာ၀န္ထမ္းေဆာင္ရန္ စိတ္၀င္စားေသာ အမ်ိဳးသမီးမ်ား အတြက္ျဖစ္ၿပီး၊ လစ္လပ္ရာထူးေပၚေပါက္လာေသာအခါတြင္ အရန္သင့္ခန္႕ထားႏိုင္ရန္ ရည္ရြယ္ပါသည္။)
Post Title : Driver
Contract type : GS/SC-2 (General Services/ Service Contract Level 2)
Number of Positions : As per operational need
Duty Station : As per below
Yangon Division : Yangon
Naypyitaw Division : Nay Pyi Taw
Kachin State : Myitkyina, Bahmo
Dry Zone : Pakokku
Rakhine State : Maungdaw, Sittwe
Shan State : Lashio, Pang Kham
Chin State : Hakha
South East Region : Mawlamyine, Hpa-an
Validity of Roster : April 2019 to March 2020
Period of Services : Variable from 1 month to 12 months
(Extension will be subject to operational requirement)
Deadline for Application : 19 February 2019
The purpose of the Stand-By Roster is empowering women workforce participation at World Food Program in Myanmar and, therefore, qualified women are invited for the inclusion in the Stand-By Roster for the post of Driver at different duty stations in WFP Myanmar.
Drivers are primarily responsible for providing efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
• Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
• Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
• Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
• Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
• Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skill
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs and demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Fluency in both oral and written in English and Myanmar. The ability to communicate in local ethnic language will be an added advantage.
The interested candidates should submit a brief CV (or) UN P11 form and one page motivation letter by 19 February 2019. Most qualified candidates will be invited for further assessment such as written test and interview etc. The outcomes of the assessment will determine the inclusion in the stand-by roster.
Candidates qualifying for the stand-by roster will be invited for final assessment when the vacant post is in place. The eligibility in the roster is valid only for the period of April 2019 to March 2020 and is subject to continuous successful performance.
Please send applications to: Human Resources Unit
Stand-By Roster for Driver
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street, Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Email to: email@example.com
Remark: Please mention the desired duty station in the application.
Note: Applications are invited from Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references. Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.
Add a Comment