At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Assistant Manager (Finance/Accounts)
Report directly to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for all areas of finance and accounts including cash flow management, verifying daily transactions, follow up overseas sales debts and monitoring local sales debt, preparation of monthly management reports and financial reports. You will liaise with Bank, Tax Authorities, Internal and External Auditors to promote effective communication and efficient operations. You will assist in maintaining adequate internal control system to ensure that all financial data and reports are correct, accurate and timely.
- Verify the accuracy, validity and legitimacy of all accounting records, documents, invoices, payments and receipts
- Supervise day to day cash transactions and monitor & control the cash flow forecast
- Monitor the debt collection process overseas and local sales to eliminate overdue debts
- Maintain fixed assets register and manage the fixed asset count annually
- Prepare and post month/year end journal entries to complete the month-end process
- Prepare balance sheet schedules by ensuring all accounts balance reconciled at the month/year end closing
- Monitor and control all vendors and customers account closely in terms of documentation and according to the Group policies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements on time
- Prepare quarterly final accounts to obtain quarterly financial statements from auditors
- Assist in maintaining adequate financial internal control system and ensure that Group internal control system is followed by all employee
- Manage banking transactions for the account transfer process and withdrawal of cash
- Liaise with tax authorities for salary income tax, corporate tax, commercial tax and withholding tax as and when required, and by Company policy. Reconciling all tax-related accounts on monthly basis.
- Perform service performance inspection and evaluation
- Answer all external/internal auditors queries relating to financial accounts
- Ensure quality of data.
(a) All financial data (incl. payments/receipts related), reports must be 100% accurate and complete.
(b) All Reports and reconciliations must be prepared on a monthly basis and submit on due dates.
- Handle other jobs as assigned by Head of Finance and General Manager
- Well-Knowledge in accounting principles and practice
- Financial Management and Planning skills
- Time Management skill is very essential and must able to multi-task well due to fast-pased work environment
- Pro-activeness and Problem solving skills
- Good Analytical skill
- Audit experience, not necessarily working as Auditor
- Good Team-player as well as independent
- Computer skills (Windows application, Accounting software)
- Supervisory experience is a must
- Minimum requirement – B.Com, CPA (certified or attending)
- Professional certificate : ACCA or CIMA (at minimum passed all fundamentals stage, in professional level)
- MBA or Master Degree in Accounting and Finance, is ideal.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in international organisation, of which solid 5 years should be as assistant finance manager.
Should you are interested in, please send your CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified for an interview. Thank you.