Executive Assistant to Defence Attaché - A2(L)
(Deadline for applications: 24 June 2016)
The British Embassy in Rangoon is part of world-wide network of 270 Posts, representing British political, Economic, Visa and Consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit an individual for the position of Executive Assistant to Defence Attaché – Grade A2(L) on a 1-Year Fixed-Term contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Defence Attaché (DA) and Assistant Defence Attaché (ADA)
- Develop relations and act as the point of liaison with the Burmese Military with regard to visits, meetings and events.
- Co-ordinate visit programmes on behalf of the Defence Section, including administrative and logistic support as required.
- Conduct research, translations and interpretations on behalf of the DA
- Draft correspondence and provide administrative support to the DA and ADA as required
- Maintain and organise the Defence Section diary and arrange appointments on behalf of the DA.
- Co-ordinate the DA’s Official Hospitality programme
- Assist with the organisation of events for both the Defence Section and the Embassy as a whole
- Finished a Bachelor degree
- Fluent in English and Burmese, both oral and written, with good communication skills
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- With good organisational and time management skills and an ability to work on own initiative
- Previous experience of working in an Embassy, UN or INGO would be an advantage
- Seeing the Big Picture is This involves forecasting and planning ahead, and implementing effective work methods to ensure that tasks are carried out on time. It is also about having a clear vision for the team’s overall goals, and the ability to think strategically and develop and implement creative approaches to delivering these goals.
- Changing and Improving is being responsive, innovative, and being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways.
- Collaborating and Partnering is competence is about working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders both in Burma and the UK. It involves having the confidence to engage with people at all levels in order to deliver on objectives.
- Delivering Value for Money is about making efficient use of resources, seeking solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness following agreed processes and policies.
- Delivering at Pace is about focusing on priorities and delivering good quality work in a timely fashion
Compensation package includes
- Flexible working hours (35 hours net per week)
- Competitive salary starting from USD 12,384 per annum
- 22 days paid annual leave
- Medical package
- Training and development opportunities
Applications close on Friday, 24 June 2016.
Please visit in order to apply - https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1...
We regret to advise that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy Rangoon are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law. The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.