Aung Myin Hmu
Terms of Reference
The garment industry is one of Myanmar’s fastest growing sectors, with an estimated 1.5 million workers by 2025 – most of them young rural women who will go alone to Yangon and Mandalay to find work.
The Aung Myin Hmu (AMH) project aims to provide safe and secure job opportunities in the garment industry through a combination of skills training, education, and social support programmes for these female migrants.
AMH also works closely with the government and the garment industry to develop and expand a strong vocational training system, with standardized skills training across the country.
- As a member of the Aung Myin Hmu team, the Communications Officer will lead the implementation of a communications strategy with these objectives:
- Clear and timely internal communication among stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Ongoing engagement of government and the private sector (ie. brands, international buyers, factories, etc) to advance the aims of AMH.
- Enhance the reputation of AMH and encourage participation of women in all AMH training, activities and services.
- Develop a communications strategy and support these objectives to align with the overall strategic goals of AMH.
- Develop and sustain effective professional relationships with key constituencies (including the media, civil society, NGOs, businesses, industry representatives, government agencies) to advance the objectives of AMH.
- Lead in the creation and production of communications and advocacy materials such as backgrounders, newspaper articles, Power Point presentations, reports, brochures, website and social media content, radio/TV & film materials, drama, etc.
- Daily management of AMH’s Facebook page and other social media platforms as required.
- Contribute to funding applications and donor reports in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Work with social media influencers, online and traditional media to publish stories that contribute to a positive reputation for the AMH project.
- Regularly gather statistics and compile stories that illustrate AMH’s success in achieving its aims.
- Other activities as required.
- Experience designing and implementing strategic communications in support of an organization’s goals and activities.
- Experience using traditional and social media to target messages to a variety of audiences.
- Experience writing, editing and producing communications materials such as website content, social media posts, brochures, articles, donor reports, etc.
- Experience writing and editing for a variety of audiences and communication channels.
- Excellent command of English language, fluent in Myanmar.
- Experience in design would be an asset.
- Prior knowledge of Myanmar’s garment sector would be an asset.
The Communications Officer will report to the AMH Consortium Coordinator under a contract implemented by Pyoe Pin.
The Communications Officer will be based in Yangon splitting their time between Pyoe Pin and the Aung Myin Hmu Garment Skills Training Centre in North Dagon, with occasional travel to the offices of CARE International in Myanmar, and Business Kind Myanmar, both in Yangon.
How to apply: Forward your CV and introduction letter (in English) to: Suzanne.Tym@pyoepin.org
Deadline: 7th March , 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.