Plan International Myanmar
Job Advertisement for Community Development Assistant
(Nyaung U- Mandalay Program Unit)
Plan International is an International Humanitarian, Child Center Development Organization, implementing development programs that promote the realization and fulfillment of children’s rights and the alleviation of child poverty. Mandalay Region is seeking Community Development Assistant (5) Posts. The position is based in Nyaung U Township, Mandalay Region and Frequent travel in country (50%).
Report to: Community Development Officer
No. of Position: 5 Posts
Assignment Type: One year contract with possible renewal
Closing date for applications: 7th November 2018 (5:00PM)
Job Purpose: The Community Development Assistant (CDA) will coordinate all aspects of community development work in his/her assigned villages/village tracts. S/he will ensure that all development activities, but especially sponsorship deliverables are completed as scheduled in accordance with sponsorship program quality standards. Development programs may include early childhood care and development, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, resilience, child rights and child protection, and youth economic empowerment.
- Report to the Community Development Officer ( Assigned Rotate Team Leader )
- Coordinate child sponsorship program activities and if needed other development project activities in assigned villages such as community mobilization and monitoring.
- Support and assist for the integration of project activities as ECCD , Nutrition , WASH and Youth Economic Empowerment ( YEE ) Project in target areas and ensure quality implementation as assigned duties
- Manage between 500 and 1,000 sponsored children
- Collecting data especially SCU/SCI and if needed, other sponsorship communication letters data in assigned villages
- Facilitate and support to assigned rotate team leader ( CDO ) requirement of all development projects successfully implementation
- Coordinate with children, parents, local authorities, VDCs , Volunteers, CBOs and Plan’s partner NGOs on a regular basis
- Facilitate all of Plan’s development activities , and especially sponsorship programme activities in his/her assigned villages/village tracts and ensure high quality successfully implementation
- Monitor to sponsorship activities in his/her assigned village tract to ensure agreed objectives/outputs are delivered as planned
- Support and assist to the assigned rotate team leader ( CDO ) , for the capacity building training/workshop of communities, village tract leaders, VDCs, CBOs and CVs as required to ensure they are able to manage their community development work
- Facilitate the production of all sponsorship communications to ensure sponsorship products are delivered as scheduled and aligned with sponsorship book
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Good understanding the basic concept of community development, gender issues, child rights, children/youth development
- Knowledge and experiences for the data collection and entry process of the project activity and output
- At least two years of community development experiences working closely with village development committees and authorities – with strong project management skills
- Strong community facilitation and mobilization skills with hands-on experience in participatory approaches
- Good knowledge of the government structure particularly at the village tract levels
- Basic knowledge of and skills to use Microsoft Office products
- Report writing, facilitation and communication skills
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 2 referees via E-mail only to:
Myanmar.CO@plan-international.org with the subject of “Applications for Community Development Assistant Position “.
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International is an equal opportunity employer.