The post is to be based in Yangon and opened to International applicants and advertised globally.
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: To manage and ensure quality delivery of Promoting Durable Peace and Development programme in Kachin. This includes elements of the programme implemented by Oxfam Novib and aspects implemented in partnership with the other consortium members. For consortium level actions the post holder will be accountable to the consortium Steering Committee.
Level: C1, International
Employment term: Fixed – Term (3.5 years)
Report to: Director of Governance and Programme Quality
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
Programme Management and partner relationship management
- Provide effective management and coordination of the programme, including compliance with the agreed Consortium quality standards and with donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure that quality programme implementation tools and processes are developed in consultation with the Consortium members (planning, financial reporting, narrative reporting etc).
- Oversee the programme budget, and liaise directly with the relevant staff of Consortium members and Oxfam staff.
- Ensure effect collaboration with the Consortium members and ensure that Secretariat services and management information are efficiently provided to the Steering Committee.
- Produce overall consortium project reports, financial reports etc. for the Steering Committee and for the EC.
- Conducts and facilitates Consortium Programme Coordination Committee meetings
- Coordinate joint consortium activities (e.g. reviews, evaluations, trainings etc).
- Ensure the production of communications IEC materials etc. as agreed by the Steering Committee.
- Maintain close relationship with the Steering Committee for necessary approval and sign off of consortium level activities.
- Maintain close relationship with Oxfam and the HQ for necessary approvals and sign offs of activities done in Oxfam’s name.
- Oversee management of grants and contracts with Consortium members and to other partners, ensuring timely release of grant funds, financial monitoring of partner projects and internal budget monitoring that are in compliance with Oxfam's financial systems;
- Coordinate effectively with different departments within Oxfam to ensure harmonization and necessary support is provided.
- Line management of the Oxfam Staff of the Programme Management Unit.
- Develop Terms of Reference for appropriate and necessary technical expertise
- Ensures the Technical Advisors provide appropriate support and coordinate activities among themselves
M&E and Knowledge Management
- Oversee the effective implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework, including all associated systems and processes in collaboration with the Consortium partners and M&E Manager in line with the project log frame
- Ensures Knowledge, Learning and Sharing are core to the consortium culture and that resources, time and capacities are properly committed to integrating a cycle of reflection, adaptation and action across all activities
Coordination, representation and networking
- Establish strong relationship with the EU and ensure regular communication as part of donor relations management role;
- If required and requested by the Steering Committee, represents the Consortium Steering Committee in external forums, including with EU and other donors and senior government officials
- Develop joint advocacy strategy, plan and messages and obtaining appropriate sign off.
- Maintain close relationship with Oxfam country regional and head offices for necessary approvals and sign offs.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Can demonstrate a minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience in similar positions and have affinity with international development issues; familiarity with the rights-based approach and a commitment to a gender sensitive approach;
- Have proven experience of large scale programme and financial management and coordination of complex multi-partner and multi-annual programmes;
- Are willing and able to commit to leading this programme and team for three and a half years
- Have human resources experience and experience with leading and inspiring a team;
- Have a well-developed understanding of conflict transformation, governance and peace-building issues, particularly in the Myanmar context
- Have good communication skills and fluent command of English, both in writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of local languages relevant to Kachin is an asset.
- Experience with EU systems and procedures is an asset
- Have at least 3 years of working within a Consortia structure would be a significant advantage.
- Have a good understanding of the Myanmar context in general and the Kachin context in particular
- Understand civil society dynamics and their role in change process
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to working in collaboration and partnership.
- Have the ability to build constructive relationships and partnerships based on mutual values and respect
- Have demonstrated the ability to distance manage a team and share management responsibilities via a matrix structure
- Have experience of analyzing and managing risks in a complex political context and creatively minimizing their potential impact
- Have excellent analytical and communication skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to improve programme quality
- Good understanding and experience of linking programme work to lobby and advocacy, and to media work
Closing date: 6 May 2018, Midnight
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918
Detail and complete job profile is available upon request.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.