Deputy Corporate Service Manager – B3 (L)
(Deadline for applications: 09 April 2017)
The British Embassy in Rangoon is part of world-wide network of 270 Posts, representing British political, economic, visa, and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit an individual for the Full-Time position of Deputy Corporate Service Manager – Grade B3 (L) on a fixed term contract for one (1) year.
The job holder will assist the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) in leading Finance and HR functions, and deputise for the CSM in relevant meetings and in managing the Corporate Services Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, update, and forecast the Embassy budget and ensure robust management is applied
- Prepare annual and monthly finance reports and local budget reports, which analyses trend on expenditure and take action on report findings
- Work with Partners across HMG to ensure funding requirements and budget controls are being met, including liaising with the Regional Corporate Services Centre Finance Team
- Review and authorise individual expense claims e.g., UK based dental/ medical claims etc.
- Check Imprest accounts and maintain Fixed Assets Register
- Support the CSM on HR and staffing matters, including policies and practices related to employment terms, pay and benefits, performance management, people development, induction, etc., ensuring best practise and compliance with FCO policies and local employment legislation
- Review existing HR practices and recommend changes where appropriate
- Assume lead of Corporate Services Team in the absence of CSM
- Deputise for CSM for ad-hoc corporate duties, e.g. One HMG Leadership Group, Housing Committee, Crisis Committee, etc.
- Key person to ensure compliance with correct purchasing and accounting procedures and provide training to new members of staff as necessary
- Act as Logistic Lead in the CSM absence in a crisis
- Effective people management to ensure staff feel motivated and engaged in achieving identified objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting or finance qualification or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years of corporate experience (in finance or a related role)
- Strong interest in strategic resources management and corporate planning
- Experience in budget management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strong customer focus
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Oracle systems and databases
- Good knowledge of the Burmese business environment
- Working experience in an international and/or multi-cultural organisation
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Leading and Communicating
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Delivering at Pace
Hours of Work
Standard full-time working hours are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Salary is at USD 15,708 per annum.
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
The British Embassy Rangoon offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, leave entitlement of 22 days per annum (calculated in pro rata). Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Rangoon is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Please visit https://goo.gl/48qQwd in order to apply. Deadline for applications is on Sunday, 09 April 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not shortlisted, we extend our appreciation to you for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.