Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. With a network of experienced professionals in more than 40 countries, we partner with local communities to put bold ideas into action to help people recover, overcome hardship and build better lives – now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Myanmar since 2008 and is focused on food security; market development; energy access; conflict resolution; community infrastructure and local governance.
We are looking for motivated and qualified Myanmar nationals for the following position
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-451218)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday, 20 December 2018 (Before 5:00pm)
Duty Station : Padaung, Bago Division
Number of Opening(s) : 1
Since October 2013 Mercy Corps Myanmar has been working in three townships including in Ayeyarwaddy Division with the Department of Rural Development (DRD) to implement the National Community Driven Development Project (NCDDP) funded by the World Bank. This innovative people-centred approach promotes strong community participation and local governance by providing direct funds and capacity building to poor rural communities so they can identify and construct small scale infrastructure based on priorities agreed by community men and women.
In 2017, Mercy Corps was awarded a grant for its NCDDP 3-year program to implement in Padaung and Ngapudaw Townships. Thus, we are looking for motivated and qualified Myanmar nationals for township technical assistance. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic international organisation and to work in a national program with strong career development prospects.
[Describe overview of job missioGENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Finance Officer will support township DRD staff in project accounting and the preparation and review of monthly financial reports. S/he will also provide training in accounting for community facilitators, village tract forums, village committees, and village volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Support township DRD staff in project accounting using project financial management software, maintenance of financial records, budget category assignment, and preparation of project financial statements
· Support township DRD staff in the review of monthly financial reports submitted by village tract forums
· Support township DRD staff in the preparation of monthly financial reports for submission to the Union project secretariat
· Together with DRD finance officers, provide training in accounting for community facilitators, village tract forums, village committees, and village volunteers
· Support the finance sub-committees of the village tract forums in undertaking their duties
· Support township DRD staff in reviewing annual submissions of supporting documentation from village tract forums and filing in accordance with project guidelines
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: none
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Team Leader (Lead CDD/ Training Specialist)
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: M&E and MIS Officer, Procurement Officer and Communications, Social Accountability and Gender Specialist
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Academic degree in accounting, business administration or related field and at least three years of accounting and financial management experience using computerized accounting systems or at least five years of relevant accounting and financial management experience
· Knowledge and experience of financing in community development projects
· Ability to work effectively and sensitively in teams and with government counterparts
· Strong inter-personal skills and ability to resolve conflict
· Prior experience of working in rural Myanmar
· Proven track record in capacity building
· Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders
· Proven planning and organization skills
· Reasonable level of English language written and speaking skills
· Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project villages
· Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver in a timely manner
Applicants should submit their application letter and current CV with complete contact details and three referees and copy of any testimonies, in a sealed envelope indicating apply position with vacancy announcement number to:
Human Resources Department
No. (97), 5th and 6th floor of Rangoun Business Center
West Shwe Gon Daing Road,
Bahan Township,Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone – 01 8603041
OR email to: email@example.com
Add a Comment