Vacancy Notice No/ Job ID. 13373
UNFPA – because everyone counts.
The United Nations Population Fund: Delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Position & Grade: Communications & Advocacy Analyst, NOB
No. of Position: 1 Post
Duty Stations: Yangon, Myanmar
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Deadline: 25 December 2017 (5:00 pm Yangon Time)
Duration of Appointment: One year (renewable)
Applications are invited from interested Myanmar Nationals for the posts of Communications & Advocacy Analyst. Representative.
Interested candidates can apply the above positions by clicking the Apply Now Icon through the following link:
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Political Science, Media Studies, Communication, Public Relations, and other communications related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of communication.
- Previous experience on building effective partnerships with members of the media, NGOs, Government officials, international and national organizations, business groups, and others;
- Excellent oral, written communications and editing skills in English.
- An understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, and operations.
- Good knowledge of current development issues in Myanmar.
- Good understanding of Myanmar culture, history and political contexts.
- Good with communications approaches for planning, executing, and monitoring communications strategies.
- Experience as a spokesperson for an international organization will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Myanmar is essential with ability to write clearly and concisely and to compose correspondence and documents in both languages. Knowledge of local languages in one of UNFPA target states and regions is an asset.