Job Title : HMA Programme Officer (OCHA)
Number of position : 1
Job Location : Lashio
Contract Duration : 2 years with possibility of extension (three- month probation period)
Supervisor : HMA Programme Manager (PM)
HMA Project Coordinator for day-day matters. This will be explained in detail in a separate TOR
Closing Date : 16th December 2014
DCA was established in 1922, has offices in 20 countries and is today one of the major Danish humanitarian non‐governmental organisations. DCA works with local partners and international networks in a non‐political and non‐religious manner to assist the poorest of the poor.
- Manage project life cycle from initiation through to closure
- Provide MRE training
Note: MRE Training will be provided for the successful candidate. The training is scheduled for February/March 2015
Main tasks and responsibilities:
(1) Project Management:
- Accountable for project results
- Assist in the drafting of project reports.
- Maintaining a project implementation plan identifying when each activity will be performed by the partners.
- Communicate project expectations to stakeholders.
- Coach and motivate project implementing partners.
- Monitor the activities of local implementing partners and provide guidance and advice when necessary.
- Resolve any issues and resolve problems throughout the project life cycle. Notifying and referring the issues to the Project Coordinator as necessary
- Ensure any changes to the project are documented and approved.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports.
- Ensure project documents are safely archived.
(2) Project Budget and Finance:
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing activity budgets; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
(3) Co-operation and Co-ordination
- Establish close links and co-operation with authorities and implementing partners.
- Identify and assess potential implementing partners.
- Identify needs and facilitate workshops and meetings to provide capacity building, and co-operation and co-ordination between stakeholders.
(4) Capacity Building :
- Provide MRE and Mine Risk Awareness training to authorities, trainers, and implementing partners and INGO/NGOs through courses and workshops as required.
- Maintain a database and work plan of MRE tasks, tracking requests and responses.
- Assume the point of contact for MRE related matters in the project area.
- Follow up on competency based training plans for MRE focal points.
- Assist administration staff to document training of local implementing partners.
- Attend annual appraisal and regular supervision sessions with the HMA PM.
- Attend meetings and workshops as directed.
- Promote the DCA Code of Conduct as an example to implementing partners.
- Assimilate an understanding of HAP and attend training as directed.
- Inform implementing partners of the DCA HAP accreditation and its meaning.
- Any other reasonable duty as directed by the HMA PM or Project Coordinator.
- Myanmar national
- Bachelor degree. Lesser qualifications in project management plus extensive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- 3 years of experience working within an NGO with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Competence in needs analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Proven organisational ability.
- Demonstrated time organisational skills.
- Ability to work proactively and with initiative.
- A team approach.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Good working knowledge of local ethnic language, Myanmar and English (verbal and written).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good working knowledge of a variety of ethnic minority languages
- Good working knowledge of Myanmar and English (verbal and written).
- Experience working with a humanitarian mine action INGO
The benefit package for the position includes competitive remuneration (the salary range is 745.000 – 1.404.000 Kyats/monthly), annual bonus, severance pay, 1.25days per month for annual leave, 15 official holidays per year, personal accident/medical insurance.
Please submit CV, application letter and contact details of two referees with any other relevant documentation to HR Unit by email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 16th December 2014. Please quote reference: ‘HMA Programme Officer (OCHA )– application’.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.