The Human Resource (HR) Officer is responsible for the effective implementation of PIN Myanmar’s internal HR processes (recruitment, personal development, evaluation, payroll calculation, etc) and policies. He/she is based in Yangon with possible field visits, and works under direct supervision and guidance of PIN Myanmar’s Finance Officer, while providing on-going support to PIN Myanmar’s Country Director and Program Managers, all based on Yangon. He/she receives on-going support and guidance from the HR Officer for Asia at PIN’s headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. The HR Officer is expected to abide by PIN Myanmar’s Code of conduct and to promote a gender-sensitive approach to HR. He/she must be able to work autonomously and be flexible, enthusiastic, committed to PIN Myanmar’s mission, and respectful of colleagues and partners. PIN Myanmar is committed to provide required training and support to the HR Officer.
Position Title: HR Officer (full-time)
Duration: 1 year (extendable)
Line Manager: Finance Officer
Start date: As soon as possible (preferably)
Recruitment and contract management
- Coordinating hiring processes (incl. employment contract preparation) and induction of new staff,
- Archiving relevant recruitment-related documentation (both soft and hard version),
- Monitoring staff employment contracts conditions, informing relevant line manager about upcoming changes (end of probation period, contract expiration, etc.) and asking him/her for the action/decision to be taken,
- Preparing contract extensions, renewals, amendments, terminations (filling contract termination checklist etc.).
Payroll, compensation and benefits
- Monitoring annual leave, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave and other staff leave,
- Collecting and archiving supporting payroll documentation, e.g. timesheets and attendance lists,
- Collection of information about bonuses of the staff,
- Providing support to the staff regarding benefits, including medical insurance.
Staff evaluation, personal development and training
- Coordinating the timely planning and performance of staff evaluation process,
- Collecting and archiving evaluation-related documentation,
- Supporting line managers in setting personal development plans of their team members,
- Monitoring the implementation of personal development plans and encouraging staff to take responsibility for their own development,
- Coordinating with Finance team the use of available funds for staff training,
- Searching for available training courses and other relevant staff development options (based on personal development plans) and coordinating the organization and follow-up of these courses,
- Promoting the use of e-Learning system to the staff.
HR procedures and policies
- Enforcing HR Policies (incl. PIN’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Whistle-blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, etc),
- Suggesting improvements of HR processes, policies, documentation, forms and templates,
- Being familiar with Myanmar Labor Law, Tax Law and keeping Finance Officer and Country Director informed about changes,
- Updating and ensuring the implementation of the Medical Plan.
- Keeping the HR database updated and accessible for authorized staff,
- Proper archiving of all the HR-related documentation (both physical and electronic versions).
- Updating mission organigram and staff contact list (including next of kin list),
- Monitoring HR-related suggestions raised by the staff and informing the Finance Officer and the Country Director about these,
- Arranging visa for expatriate staff
- Translating relevant HR documents and guidelines from English to Myanmar language,
- Other tasks as assigned by line manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Diploma in human resource/administration or related is an advantage
• Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position.
• Previous work for NGOs or international organization (INGOs) is an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, coordination skills.
• Excellent communication skills: fluent Myanmar, fluent English (written and spoken).
• Intermediary in financial administration.
• Good level of computer literacy - Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Dynamic, positive, self-motivated, confident, flexible and able to meet deadlines.
PIN promotes gender equality and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send an application letter along with an updated C.V (with at least 3 contacts for reference), no later than July 8, 2016 to the following mail address: email@example.com . Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.