Plan International Myanmar
Job Advertisement for
Humanitarian Project Coordinator (General Food Distribution) - Sittwe, Rakhine State
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child centred development organisation, implementing development and humanitarian programs that promote the realisation and fulfilment of children’s rights and the alleviation of child poverty.
Position: Humanitarian Project Coordinator (General Food Distribution)
Accountable to: Humanitarian Project Manager (General Food Distribution)
Location: Sittwe, Rakhine State
Assignment Type: From the start date to till 31 January 2019
Closing date for applications: 22 April 2018, 5:00PM
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Plan International Myanmar is seeking a Humanitarian Project Coordinator to support a WFP funded project in Sittwe, Rakhine State and to coordinate field level project implementation in line with donor endorsed work plan and proposal to ensure consistent quality across field sites.
Specific tasks will include:
- Oversee field level implementation to ensure all areas of implementation are meeting international standards.
- Provide enhanced daily technical support as someone who has implemented in the technical sphere in the past so the POs and PAs have a resource solve problems faced during implementation.
- Build relationships with village leaders and local CSOs to identify, understand and convince (or where necessary contain) local agents that are not receptive to plan international mission.
- Collate all information collected from field and keep organized record on monitoring and implementation data in line with donor compliance regulations.
- Cultivate external relationships with project managers working for other organizations in similar sectors or geographical areas to establish communication and coordination channels that will support effective programing.
- Monitor the daily activity of Project Officers to ensure that work plans and actions taken in the field are in line with each other
- Develop community outreach system that allows for regular community meetings in each location
- Ensure messaging developed by PM is disseminated to all communities/ that all communities receive information in a timely manner
- Support in the liaison with the local authorities and concerned Government departments regarding project issues
- Contribute to reporting, annual planning
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in community mobilization with INGO or similar organization
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and ability to articulate how they have complied with them in the past
- At least there years of progressive work related experience including at least one year of team management experience
- Understanding of humanitarian issues in the (food Aid) sector and major players in Rakhine State
- Previous experience with field activity coordination and project management cycle implementation in the humanitarian sector
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with village and IDP camp leaders.
- Strong understanding and passion for coordination of team members and strong team building skills
- Ability to use excel, word-processing and email (in Local and English language)
- Experience with gender mainstreaming.
- Experience with child safeguarding and child-protection mainstreaming
- Experience in conflict sensitivity programming and DNH approach
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit, in English, a cover letter, CV, monthly consultancy rate and details of at least 2 referees via E-mail only to: Myanmar.CO@plan-international.org. Copies of certificates need not be sent.
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International Myanmar is an equal opportunity employer committed to the well-being of children together with Gender Equality and does not tolerate child abuse and sexual harassment.