Plan International Myanmar
Job Re-advertisement for Humanitarian Project Manager – Non-formal Education (NFE)
Plan is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, implementing programs that promote the realization and fulfillment of children’s rights and the alleviation of child poverty. Plan Myanmar is seeking a suitable candidates to join our team as Humanitarian Project Manager to support a three year non-formal education (NFE) project focused on supporting children affected by armed conflict.
Job Title: Humanitarian Project Manager - NFE Reports to: Humanitarian Program Unit Manager – Sittwe
Location: Humanitarian Project Office – Mrauk U
Assignment Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Closing date for applications: 14 December 2017, 5:00 PM
Job purpose: Manage project team and project implementation as outlined Children and Armed Conflict project document (focus on access to protective, relevant non-formal education opportunities for children aged 11-17) and ensure project objectives, outcomes and outputs are met.
- Orchestrate all necessary actions to ensure that project objectives are met and information received from the communities are integrated into project approach and project design so that accountability standards are met.
- Provide direct line management to all team members to foster a positive and cooperative working environment in which team members feel supported to succeed.
- Develop detailed implementation plan (that includes capacity building and operation coordination) and hold team accountable to the plan in order to meet project objectives.
- Develop accountability plan for project to ensure that community needs, concerns and comments are taken into account and incorporated into our projects.
- Cooperate with other PMs and HPUM to develop strategic approach to promote community acceptance of Plan International at township and village levels in order to underpin staff safety and security.
- Ensure project team is full capable of track progress toward objectives regularly to ensure expedient input into donor reporting and communication documents.
- Oversee field level implementation to ensure implementation is meeting international standards (specifically CHS and INEE).
- Build relationships with village leaders and local CSOs to identify, understand and cooperate with local stakeholders and establish shared understanding of Plan International’s mission.
- Collate all information collected from field and keep organized record on monitoring and implementation data in line with donor compliance regulations.
- Ensure the key principles of gender equality and child protection are included in all project decisions such that the project is gender responsive, and has clear child safeguarding systems.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in community mobilization and delivery of education projects in complex operating environment with INGO or similar organization.
- Understanding of humanitarian principles (Specifically Core Humanitarian Standards and INEE Standards) and ability to articulate how they have complied and utilized them in past work.
- 3 Year of experience in Education in Emergencies technical sector
- 5 Years of experience in humanitarian sector
- Ability to use excel, word-processing and email (in Local and English language)
- Ability to draft donor reports in English language
- Ability to maintain information management systems that support M&E project frameworks
- Previous experience with field activity coordination and project management cycle implementation in the humanitarian sector.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with village leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple budgets in parallel
- Experience with gender mainstreaming.
- Experience with child safeguarding and child-protection mainstreaming
- Experience in conflict sensitivity programming and DNH approach.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a cover letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 2 referees via E-mail to: Myanmar.CO@plan-international.org. Subject line: Application for Humanitarian Project Manager – NFE. Copies of certificates need not be sent.
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International Myanmar is an equal opportunity employer committed to the well-being of children together with Gender Equality and does not tolerate child abuse and sexual harassment
Add a Comment