The post is to be based in Yangon and opened to Myanmar Nationals and advertised nationwide.
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: To play an active role within the Governance Programme Team to support Specific governance work of local governance/social accountability, CSO strengthening, fiscal transparency and providing technical assistance to other governance projects of Oxfam
To work with Oxfam’s partners’ organizations and networks in Myanmar to develop Social Accountability approaches specifically related to public finance management (at local and sub national level) To assist in identifying strategic local organisations/projects and develop recommendations for funding and non-funding partnerships with organisations.
Level: National, C2
Employment term: Fixed – Term (until 31st December 2019)
Report to: Senior Governance Program Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Governance program officer/s and program grant officer
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
The overall objective of governance program of Oxfam is strengthening active citizenship and effective, accountable government and institution. The major focus areas of governance program are social accountability, participatory planning, public financial management and peace. Gender is mainstreamed in all areas of Oxfam’s work.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Under the overall leadership of the Senior Governance Program Manager, contribute actively to meet the strategic objectives of the Local governance programme through an emphasis on:
Program Management, advocacy and representation
- Fully managing the assigned local governance/social accountability and fiscal transparency projects from project design including budget planning stage to end evaluation of the project compliance with Oxfam accountable procedure and system, including people management and budget management
- Active participation and contribution to the policy influencing work closely working with policy and communication team in Oxfam.
- Ability to integrate issues related to conflict sensitivity in project design
- Collect Information, develop mapping, assess and identify potential partners, allies and networks
- Analyze and keep up to date with public finance management reforms, processes and policies at national level, and share relevant information with partners and civil society organizations to foster debates and action
- Support the development of appropriate awareness raising activities in relation to Public Finance management and social accountability approaches together with partners
- Identify opportunities to engage with key influencers (power holders) for lobbying and advocacy at targeted sub-national and national levels, linking work on the ground with policy influencing, in close coordination with the policy and communications team.
- Strengthening partners and civil society capacity through working in partnership and with allies toward promoting legitimate women leadership positions and spaces in government, political and civil society organizations
- Promote and broker Social Accountability knowledge, public finance management mechanisms and tools among partners, civil society and local government, facilitating access to technical institutions and consultants
- Support the strengthening of civil society organizations and networks to be more inclusive, transparent and accountable
- Support CSOs to engage with national and international civil society network
- Support the consolidation and dissemination of good programme practices internally and externally (either directly or in an advisory capacity to partners and networks)
- Responsible to compile and submit a clear and informative project reports according to the donor reporting time line
- Coordinate with program quality manager to ensure that all basic quality aspects of program are met and timely updating on people soft system
- With support from the M&E coordinator, ensure strong monitoring and evaluation framework is in place in partners’ organizations to measure impact of programmes
- Assist partners and projects in monitoring, project assessments, and donor field visits
- Assist in project grants management, including monitoring of partnership agreements, developing appropriate mechanisms and procedures.
- Assist with fund raising and proposal development, playing a convening role and providing the technical content
- Be responsible for maintaining, updating program documents such as Letter of Agreement, partner proposal, partner’s reports,
- Be responsible for donor reporting, government reporting and internal reporting to management as required.
- Culture of constructive engagement and team spirit developed in governance program to achieve common goal
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- 5 years’ working experience in governance or the community-based development and in sensitive contexts
- A Master degree in an area relevant to governance and/or development;
- Significant knowledge and understanding, and experience in governance, gender, public finance management and social accountability
- Understanding of political economy and power analysis, gender analysis and contextual awareness on Governance, decentralization, and local governance
- Ability to conduct capacity building training, mentoring and coaching on governance work
- Knowledge and experience in managing the project cycle, including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Have experience of project budget management and communication directly with donor agencies and partner organizations.
- Influencing and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated capacity to balance flexibility and tenacity
- Understanding of basic concepts of humanitarian and development work
- Good administration and information management skills
- Good coordination and communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Myanmar and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, ability to work independently
- Flexible work attitude to manage multiple priorities
- Experience in partnership with civil society organisations have some capacity building and OD knowledge
- Good organizational skills and willingness to learn new areas
- Computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel)
- A willingness to travel and friendliness with pressure in case necessary.
- Relevant master degree holder of social science
- To be familiar with and experience of abiding by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct
- Experiences working with MPs and local government official is an advantage
- Respecting and value of diversity
Closing date: 12 December 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through email@example.com
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918
Detail and complete job profile is available upon request.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.