The post is to be based in Mawlamyine and opened to Myanmar Applicants and advertised nationwide.
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: Under the overall leadership of the Senior Governance Programme Manager, working under the direct management of the Local Governance Programme Manager (Township Democratic Local Governance - TDLG project) the role of the Local Governance Project Officer is to contribute actively to meet the strategic objectives of this Local Governance Project through an emphasis on enhancing a people-participated planning process. The project activities will be implemented in all 10 townships of Mon State, which requires the holder of this post to be based in Mon State and frequently travel between townships.
Level: D 1, National
Employment term: Fixed Term (until 31 December 2018)
Report to: Local Governance Programme Manager (TDLG)
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
- Contribute actively to meeting the strategic objectives of the programme through an emphasis on: Assessment and justification of the selection of strategic partners and networks
- Deliver activities based on workplan agreed with line manager and concept notes developed by Oxfam’s Governance team
- Build relationships with CSOs and other local governance actors identified by Oxfam and UNDP (e.g. EAOs)
Through the below activities, build the capacity of participating CSOs and other local governance actors identified by Oxfam and UNDP (e.g. EAOs):
- Organise and facilitate CSO-related training activities, participatory public management, social accountability and inclusivity trainings, women’s leadership trainings and Public Hearing Forums.
- Produce training and workshop reports within a week after the workshops and submit monthly M&E reports to Programme Manager and M&E focal point; assist M&E coordinator with monitoring, learning and accountability of implementing partners, projects activities.
- Take on full responsibility for logistics and administrative tasks related to workshops/trainings, conduct those in timely and effective manner following the Oxfam procedures
- Liaise with Government departments and stakeholders such as CSOs, EAOs, Women Representatives and W/VTAs for project activities
- Work closely with CSOs to monitor the implemented township planning budgets and activities.
- Learn actively and, where required, support the dissemination of good practice internally and externally (e.g. directly or in an advisory capacity to partners and networks)
- Communicate and coordinate with key partners and focal points to facilitate information-sharing and lessons learned between partner organisations and Oxfam.
- Promote Social Accountability knowledge, tools among civil society and local government through access to technical institution and consultants.
- Ensure follow-up support and capacity building is provided for areas which require assistance and as planned with the partner.
- Report progress of activities to Local Governance Programme Manager and assist the manager to compile and submit a clear and informative project report according to the donor reporting timeline.
- Assist partners and projects in monitoring, project assessments, and donor field visits
- Act as liaison officer role if there is a need to perform other Oxfam project activities
- Perform other assign tasks as per project and donor requirements
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an area relevant to the project (E);
- Native Myanmar language speaker - English language a strong advantage (E)
- Professional experience in social accountability and civic engagement in local governance or public sector management (E)
- Direct experience of organising and facilitating workshops for civil society and facilitating constructive engagement between government and people/CSOs, with a strong understanding of the role social accountability, inclusiveness and participation (E)
- Experience in strengthening and enhancing capacity of stakeholders to advocate their needs (E)
- Experience in democratic local governance and civic engagement in Myanmar with clear understanding of conflict dynamics (E)
- Experience in administrative and financial procedures needed for the logistical arrangement of project activities (E)
- Minimum of 5 years training & curriculum development experience and strong experience in mentoring and facilitating learning among local governance actors (D)
Closing date: 14 December 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through email@example.com
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918
Detail and complete job profile is available upon request.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.