Job Title : Mine Risk Education Programme Officer
Number of position : 1
Job Location : Yangon, with frequent travel to the field
Contract Duration : One year with possibility of extension (three- month probation period)
Supervisor : HMA Programme Manager
Closing Date : Tuesday 28 July 2015 (evening)
DanChurchAid (DCA) was established in 1922, has offices in 20 countries and is today one of the major Danish humanitarian non‐governmental organizations. DCA works with local partners and international networks in a non‐political and non‐religious manner to assist the poorest of the poor. Currently DCA in Myanmar is looking for an experienced and motivated person to join our Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
HMA Project Implementation
Support and monitor implementing partners working in Humanitarian Mine Action including Mine Risk Education (MRE) and Victim Assistance (VA).
- Train implementing partners in Mine Risk Education.
- Disseminate MRE materials in cooperation with UNICEF, Myanmar Authorities and Non-State Actors.
- Assist in the drafting of project concepts, proposals and reports.
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Monitoring of project implementation plans and the activities of local implementing partner organizations and provide guidance and advice when necessary.
- Assist in monthly reporting on HMA activities to DCA and Myanmar Authorities.
Co-operation and Co-ordination
- Establish close links and co-operation with authorities and implementing partners, include Union and State Government and Non-State Actors.
- Identify and assess potential implementing partners.
- Identify needs and facilitate workshops and meetings to provide capacity building, and co-operation and co-ordination between stakeholders.
- Attend annual appraisal and regular supervision sessions with the HMA PM.
- Attend meetings and workshops as directed, incl. Programme team meetings and partner platform.
- Provide information in the preparation of HMA Monthly Report and Annual Program Reports, drawing on monitoring and partner reports.
- Promote the DCA Code of Conduct and Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP Principles as an example to implementing partners.
- Inform implementing partners of the DCA HAP accreditation and its meaning.
- Any other reasonable duty as directed by the supervisor.
- Myanmar citizenship.
- Bachelor degree. Extensive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- 3 years of experience working within an NGO with progressive levels of responsibility. Experience with humanitarian work, mine action, conflict mitigation, IDP’s and/or refugees an advantage.
- Experience in capacity building for various stakeholders and motivation to be trained to do Mine Risk Education.
- Competence in needs analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to work in teams, proactively and with initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Good working knowledge of Myanmar and English (verbal and written). Knowledge of Karen and/or Shan is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
The benefit package for the position includes competitive remuneration (the salary range is 745.000 – 1.404.000 Kyats/monthly), annual bonus, severance pay, 1.25 days per month for annual leave, 15 official holidays per year, personal accident/medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and a challenging and stimulating working environment.
Please submit CV, application letter and contact details of two referees with any other relevant documentation to HR Unit by email email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than July 28th 2015 evening. Please quote reference: ‘DCA Mine Risk Education Programme Officer – application’.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews that will take place in the beginning August.