Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location : Yangon, Myanmar
Period : Fixed term short contract (5months)
Reporting : Report to Aung Myin Hmu Garment Skills Training Centre Manager
A consortium of CARE International, Pyoe Pin and Business Kind Myanmar runs the Aung Myin Hmu Project- Industry Solutions for Safe Employment project which is funded by the Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT).
The Aung Myin Hmu project has established a Garment Skills Training Centre in North Dagon. The Training Centre delivers vocational skills training to migrant workers and supports garment factories to establish and run accredited in-factory Training Lines.
As Training Centre Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, you will play a key role in advocacy and marketing the Training Centre to recruit Trainees:
- Internal Migrants
- Unskilled garment factory workers
- Women working in hazardous work or in vulnerable positions
You will be responsible for managing relationships with multiple agencies and government departments in order to identify potential and attract new trainees. You will be responsible for all aspect of the administration and operations of the role. This job offers excellent opportunities to acquire skills in all facets of team administration in a vibrant environment.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in developing M&E system for regular monitoring of Aung Myin Hmu Project together with Training Centre Project Manager
- Setting up M&E mechanism and tools
- Delivering Training to other project staff to ensure effective use and are understanding of M&E tools
- Regular collection of documents, forms and other evidences from the project staff regularly
- Compilation of data and information in accordance with project log frame and donor requirements
- Preparation of donor reports and other relevant reports in collaboration with training centre manager
- Taking part in consortium meetings on the issues of reporting and establishment of holistic M&E approach for all the partners
- Keeping good track of all the activities in coordination with finance officer by making sure
that the project activities are value for money
- Regular monitoring activities to ensure predefined targets are met and to measure project’s progresses against log frame
- Undertaking tasks assigned by the training centre manger as necessary
- At least 3 to 5 years of experiences in monitoring and evaluation role
- Thorough knowledge of developing M&E systems, mechanism and tools
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/ statistical methods
- Good track record of project management
- Proven record of very good training and facilitation skill
- Good knowledge of MS office and databases
- Fair writing and speaking in English A university degree in a relevant subject (certificate in M&E is preferable).
- Proven experience in the Garment sector is a strong advantage
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Outstanding team spirit
- Able to work under pressure
- Experience in a garment factory administration or production
This role may involve working outside of the normal 9 - 5 working pattern, in order to attend recruitment events/activities, including but not exclusive to jobs fairs & local events, plus some travel within Myanmar.
To apply for this rewarding position please send an application letter, along with a current C.V., and copies of any references or testimonials to the address below not later than 18th April 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for relevant tests and/or personal interviews.
Application Details Apply to:
Aung Myin Hmu Garment Skills Training Centre
Pin Lone Hall
Min Ye Kyaw Swar Road
North Dagon Township