National Community Driven Development Project (NCDDP)
National Program Adviser
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-160318)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 14 March 2018 (Before 5:00pm)
A great opportunity to join a dynamic international NGO with strong career development prospects and training Opportunities. The salary package includes health/life insurance and communication costs.
Duty Station: Yangon (with frequent field visits to Gwa and Ponnagyun in Rakhine)
Job Type: Part Time
Number of position(s): 1
Mercy Corps Myanmar is looking for a highly qualified and experienced Myanmar national as a National Program Adviser (NPA) with the National Community Driven Development Project (NCDDP), supported by the World Bank. Mercy Corps will provide technical assistance to the Department of Rural Development (DRD) in each township over four years. The NPA will work on a part time basis initially in two townships in Rakhine (8 months in first two years and 4 months in second two years).
NCDDP is designed to empower communities to manage and participate in their own development and to benefit from improved access to and use of basic infrastructure and services through a people-centered approach. This is done through (i) providing finance for community infrastructure priorities; (ii) strengthening community and local authority capacity for effective planning and implementation of these priorities; and (iii) facilitating participation of women and men, particularly from poor and vulnerable groups, throughout the project cycle.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As the National Program Adviser, you will work with Mercy Corps Team Leader and four technical advisers in each of two townships to ensure quality and timely delivery of project deliverables and effective capacity development of the Township DRD, community and technical facilitators and community groups. You will have a key role in strategic oversight of township progress, help to solve implementation issues, support the teams to address gender equity and environmental and social safeguards and maintain effective relationships with Union and township DRD and promote continuous learning and improvement. You will work closely with the existing NPA and international CDD Specialist in Mercy Corps as well as engage with NPA with other organisations working in NCDDP townships.
• Provide backstopping for Township Technical Advisory teams with focus on administration, HR and quality management
• Advise Township DRD on local governance and participatory processes based on NCDDP Operation Manual
• Ensure quality control throughout the community project cycle from orientation meeting to planning, implementation and, particularly, monitoring and reporting.
• Supporting training preparation, delivery and reporting
• Ensure the achievement of the relevant time lines and deliverables, including timely submission of community block grant requests, sub project completion, routine reports and conduct of social audits.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• An academic degree as a minimum educational qualification.
• At least seven years of project management (planning, administration, human resource management) and capacity building/training experience, with particular focus on local governance, participatory processes, rural development and/or other relevant experience in community development.
• High level coordination and negotiation skills with local authorities, union, regional and township counterparts.
• Demonstrated leadership in building strong work teams at township level.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Myanmar and English, both written and spoken.
• Experience in monitoring project implementation and problem solving to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
• Computer skills including use of software such as Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Willing to travel and spend extended periods at the township level.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY DURING ASSIGNMENT PERIOD: Township Key Experts
• Reports directly to: Mercy Corps Program Director, Peace and Governance.
• Works directly with: NCDDP National Program Advisors, NCDDP International Advisor, Township Key Experts and Mercy Corps Human Resources, Finance and Operations staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit applications indicating vacancy announcement number to: Human Resources Department, Mercy Corps Myanmar, No. (97), 5th and 6th floor of Rangoun Business Center, West Shwe Gon Daing Road, Bahan Township,Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone – 01 8603041 (OR) email to: mm‐email@example.com
Your application must include:
1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying and a short description of how your experience matches the terms of reference for that position; and
2) Current CV with: Name, date of birth, contact details, educational qualifications, other training, full description of relevant work experience (including position, organisation, start and finish dates and main duties) and name/contact details for three referees.
We will interview on a rolling basis so please send your application as soon as possible. Kindly note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Add a Comment