OPERATIONS MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
This role demands a super energetic, well-organized and highly reliable professional. The Operations Manager will be responsible for working with the Founder/Executive Director to ensure that Phandeeyar successfully executes its programs. Your job will be to help make sure that all the practical and administrative matters are taken care of so that Phandeeyar runs smoothly.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage administrative and logistical support to run trainings, workshops, seminars and other events as required
· Work with project leaders and training teams in the administration, procurement and event organizing tasks
· Manage all aspects of Phandeeyar’s physical space, including the Phandeeyar office, event space and co-working area
· Manage space rental including for events and co-working
· Manage the Operations Assistant, Cleaner and other support staff as required
· Work closely with the Finance Team and if necessary manage Phandeeyar’s finances
· Work closely with Founder/Executive Director to help manage human resources, including hiring, firing and review process.
· Work with Project Director/Senior Staff in the grants programs
· Handle documentation for grant applications, queries, and awards
· Prepare and maintain Grant records as required
Organizational skills – You are awesome at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Trustworthy / reliable – We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you. You’ll be handling important relationships, expensive equipment and money.
Resourceful – You are great at figuring things out. We often won’t have the answer, but you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself.
Communications – You need to be fluent in Myanmar and English
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
· Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It may very occasionally involve some travel around the country.
· Hours: This is 5½ day per week job, but please note that because Phandeeyar is a community tech hub the hours will not be standard office hours (9am-5pm). We hold a lot of events in the evenings and on the weekends. Consequently you’ll often have to work late and on the weekends. However time will be given off in-lieu (to make up for this).
· Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an ICT Hub designed to foster social innovation, civictech and ICT4D/M4D in Myanmar. Phandeeyar brings the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content to accelerate change and development in Myanmar.
Phandeeyar operates a co-working space and we run programs to expand the pool of tech talent and to help organizations use technology to increase their impact.
Phandeeyar has the best view in town: it is located in the heart of downtown Yangon in an almost 6000 square foot space overlooking Mahabandoola Gardens with spectacular 360 views of the city and its surrounds.
Phandeeyar was born out of Code for Change Myanmar, which organized the country’s first-ever hackathons. These hackathons highlighted the potential for social innovation in Myanmar. Phandeeyar’s backers include Internews, an international NGO that empowers people through better access to news and information, the Omidyar Network, the social venture fund established by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, the Open Society Foundations, the Schmidt Family Foundation and Baydin.
To understand more about what Phandeeyar does please check out our Facebook page and Twitter feed:
Add a Comment