Job Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO)
Number of position : 1
Job Location : Yangon
Contract Duration : 2 years with possibility of extension (starting as soon as possible)
Supervisor : Finance and Administrative Coordinator(FAC)
Application Deadline : 1st February 2015
DanChurchAid (DCA) is expanding our programme in Myanmar and is looking for an experienced and motivated person to support the future work of DCA in Myanmar.
DCA was established in 1922, has offices in 20 countries and is today one of the major Danish humanitarian non‐governmental organisations. DCA works with local partners and international networks in a non‐political and non‐religious manner to assist the poorest of the poor.
Purpose of the job and key responsibilities (brief):
The purpose of the Procurement & Logistic Officer position is to manage the growing procurement and logistical needs of DCA MYANMAR programmes and projects portfolio.
The role of the Procurement & Logistic Officer is to ensure the appropriate and effective use of the DCA Procurement Manual as well as efficient and timely procurement activities, both for DCA’s own implementation and for activities undertaken by the implementing partners. The PLO will provide training, advice and assistance, and liaise, with all the relevant stakeholders involved in DCA programmes and projects in Myanmar. This includes cooperation and coordination with implementing Partners, DCA Regional Office staff, DCA Chiang Mai office staff and DCA Procurement & Logistics Department (PROLOG) in Denmark.
The Procurement and Logistic Officer will work under the direct supervision of the FAC. The PROLOG unit in headquarters will provide further technical support and sparring.
Main tasks and responsibilities
(1) Procurement (75%)
- To be a member and secretary of the DCA Myanmar Procurement committee
- As much as possible, participate in Projects Approval Committee Meetings especially for EU and other projects with significant procurement needs.
- Identify and assess the procurement capacity of new and old partners, in particular for EU proposal.
- Provide input regarding procurement prior to finalization of concept notes and full applications for EU and other globally funded projects
- Support implementing partners in developing Procurement Plans for EU and other globally funded projects at the proposal stage and updating and monitoring of procurement plan at the implementation stages - especially during interim and final reporting
- To be responsible for the management and implementation of DCA procurement manual and for ensuring all procurement practice adheres to respective back donor requirement
- Provide procurement advice and backstopping support to implementing partners, DCA Myanmar Office and other relevant stakeholders (including HMA and the DCA Chiang Mai office)
- Capacity building of partners, DCA Myanmar Office and other relevant stakeholders (including HMA, DCA Chiang Mai office), in DCA Procurement Manual and donor requirements
- Plan and carry out procurement training workshops for relevant stakeholders
- To draft yearly Procurement plans for DCA Myanmar office and all HMA projects (in liaison with DCA Chiang Mai office, if required)
- Take charge of all larger DCA Myanmar Office and HMA procurement needs, as per Procurement Plans - as well as disposal of assets
- Ensure proper archiving of all DCA MYANMAR and HMA project procurement documentation
- Conduct market surveys and develop the Admind database of relevant suppliers, contractors and price lists, in order to provide the input to DCA's development and humanitarian work
- Undertake monitoring visit to projects to follow up with the correct adherence to procurement guidelines, practices, warehousing and documentation
- Draw to the attention of FAC, Program officer and Finance officer if any major deviation from the original procurement plan occurs- as well as any other circumstance which might hamper the smooth implementation of the project.
(2) Logistics (20%)
- Maintain and update assets register for DCA MYANMAR assets.
- Overall fleet management including maintenance
- Provide monthly as well as ad hoc analysis re. Fleet management (fuel consumption; cost of repairs, etc.)
- Be focal person for contact to Myanmar authorities (Ministry of Social Welfare, Myanmar Peace Center, Ministry of Livestock, MoH) including issues related to MoU, Registration, travel Authority, LoA, visa procedures etc.
(3) General and other specific tasks (5%)
- Take active part in the discussion and developing strategies, Vision and Plan, etc.
- Advice on logistic support as well as office and housing rentals
- Wherever possible, provide input and suggestions for improving the performance of procurement in DCA Myanmar Office
- Assist in the emergency operations of DCA and any other duties assigned as the situation may demand.
- Represent DCA Myanmar Office in procurement related discussions, forums and trainings and other related activities in and out of Myanmar when delegated by Regional Representative
- University Degree
- At least 3 years of experience of working with international organizations in a relevant field
- Experience of ECHO and Europe Aid procurement policy a strong asset.
- Computer literacy: Experience of using computers and common software packages (Microsoft Office applications), particularly Excel.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, and capacity to work with a partner based approach
- Be flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and able to organise work independently as well as be willing to work within a team
- Flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Good working knowledge of Myanmar and English (verbal and written).
The benefit package for the position includes competitive remuneration (the salary range is 745.000 – 1.212.000 Kyats/monthly), annual bonus, severance pay, 1.25days per month for annual leave, 15 official holidays per year, personal accident/medical insurance, learning and development opportunities, a challenging and stimulating working environment.
Please submit CV, application letter and contact details of two referees with any other relevant documentation to HR Unit by email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 1st February 2015. Please quote reference: ‘DCA Procurement and Logistics Officer – application’.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.