Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. With a network of experienced professionals in more than 40 countries, we partner with local communities to put bold ideas into action to help people recover, overcome hardship and build better lives – now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Myanmar since 2008 and is focused on food security; market development; energy access; conflict resolution; and local governance.
Mercy Corps in Myanmar invites interested Myanmar Nationals for the following position.
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-290719)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday, 17 July 2019 (Before 5:00pm)
*Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Duty Station : Yangon
Number of Opening(s) : 1
Mercy Corps is a global humanitarian organization empowering people to recover from crisis, build better lives and transform their communities for good. Operating in Myanmar since 2008, Mercy Corps works to build responsive governance, inclusive economic development, and equal rights that support peace and prosperity. Mercy Corps currently works in ten states in Myanmar, connecting market development, financial inclusion, disaster risk management and climate change resilience, and governance through a facilitative partnership approach.
The position will be as a member of Operations department in which comprises of functions of procurement, logistics, administration and IT administration etc. Mainly Operations department is to support the programs and operations for not only in Yangon office but also in field offices as well to streamline the programmatic and activities in line with existing policies and procedure in cost-effective and professional manners. The Operations Manager heads the department.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under guideline of the Operations Manager, Procurement Officer is responsible for overseeing and implementing of procurement aspects of MercyCorps Yangon office and filed office. Procurement Officer will work closely with Program, Administration, HR and Finance teams in Mercy Corps Yangon office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Daily coordination of Mercy Corps Yangon and field offices procurement activities;
· Use of procurement paperwork including Purchase Request, Request for Quotations, Purchase Order, Bid Analysis and Payment Request etc in line with Field procurement policies and procedure (FP3).
· Have a clear understanding of the MC FP3 and assist in advising the procurement originators from both program and office management on required practices and procedures, including conducting training to all staff as needed;
· Adhere to all MC procurement policies and procedures. Advise supervisor and colleagues on solution-oriented methods to conduct large and intense procurements while adhering to policies and timelines.
· Follow up for the tender process for the programs and operations needed and as well as run the tender process for the Master Purchase Agreements (MPA) and Master Service Agreement (MSA) as raised by the originator,
· Ensure all Mercy Corps employees are well trained and versed in procurement procedures.
· Ensure procurement ceilings and approval procedures are practiced appropriately in line with FP3.
· Interact and deal with vendors/service providers during collection of quotations, tender process – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms; in adherence to FP3.
· Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC Procurement rules regarding vendor relations;
· Always accord prompt and courteous reception and fair and equal treatment to all vendors/suppliers and their representatives.
· Guarantee the confidentiality of all specifications and price quotations proposed by vendors/suppliers.
· Decline to take advantage of vendors/suppliers’ errors, and show consideration for vendors/suppliers’ difficulties by co-operating with them whenever possible.
· Explain as clearly and fully as possible to vendors/suppliers the reason(s) for the rejection of their bids/proposals.
· Remain scrupulously free of obligations to any vendor/supplier.
· Remain informed about sources of supply, methods, services and materials and encourage vendors/suppliers to test and develop improved or expanded products and services.
· Inform vendors/suppliers about current and anticipated requirements.
· Interact with contractors, in coordination with the instruction and guidance of Operations Manager and Finance Manager in line with FP3
· Conduct frequent market surveys and maintain a strong knowledge of the local market;
· Conduct internet searches and initiate contact with national suppliers, as needed.
· Provide the orientation to new MC staff on the procurement system and FP3.
· Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of MC. Prepare all financial documentation, including GRN, ensuring Payment Requests raised by the originator and ensure receipts are translated, as needed.
· Coordinate closely with Logistics Officer and program staff to ensure the timely delivery of all needed materials and that there are representatives to prepare a GRN and inspect materials at their arrival.
· Ensure that Mercy Corps’ procurement activities are legal and moral.
· In cooperation with financial management staff, help to ensure compliance with established financial management rules and procedures for all Yangon-based procurement and personnel.
· Prepare reports as scheduled: update PR Master List twice in a month and share with the originators/regional
· Conducting procurement planning as needed in coordination with operations and programs who are relevant to procurement transactions
· Setting up supplier data base both for Yangon and filed offices,
· Refreshing/educating procurement procedures to the staff
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Operations Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Yangon based- Program, Finance and Operations staff and Procurement & Logistics team from field offices
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· A minimum of two years’ experience OR proven capability in operational support functions with a humanitarian non-governmental organization or international organization in Procurement and/or Logistics.
· Ability to work effectively and transparently with local suppliers and vendors
· Ensure fair competition of all bids, and assure that all procurement staff strictly adhere to Mercy Corps’ procurement rules regarding vendor relations as outlined in MC Field Procurement Manual
· Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
· Knowledge of local language desirable.
· Excellent negotiation, representation, communication skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
· Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel.
· Excellent /communicable oral and written English skills
Interpersonally, the successful candidate will be a quick learner, have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, demonstrate initiative and creativity, ability to work independently, and have strong personal values of tolerance, equality, and inclusivity.
Professionally, clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Add a Comment