Program Officer (PO)
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-310718)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday, 07 August 2018 (Before 5:00pm)
*Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Duty Station : Yangon, with travel (minimum 50%) to Laputta
Report to : Program Manager
Number of Opening(s) : 1
Duration of Assignment : till June 2019
PROGRAM/ DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps has been working in Myanmar since 2008, with programming focused agricultural development, improving energy security, natural resource management, and conflict mitigation and management. Mercy Corps is anticipating grant from the Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) for a follow-on 3-year programme, entitled Linking Laputta to Markets (LLM): Increasing Incomes through Agriculture, Skills, & Employment. LLM has a dual focus and will address key constraints among smallholder farmers in the rice value chain (Component 1), and also poor access off-farm economic opportunities for landless/poor households (Component 2). The project will be implemented in partnership with Swisscontact and Ar Yone Oo Social Development Association (AYO). LLM will facilitate linkages to higher value rice and employment markets locally, regionally, and nationally for 3,700 smallholder farmers and 1,400 landless and vulnerable women and men across 26 village tracts and 276 villages. A market development approach is at the forefront of the LLM project design and will build on the rice value chain successes from Mercy Corps and AYO’s Beyond Recovery project (2011-2015). This approach will also be incorporated into Component 2 drawing on Swiss contact’s experience supporting skill development and employment in southeast Myanmar. In this regard, a new more intensive approach will emphasize on skills, apprenticeships, and market linkages that result in concrete employment opportunities and occupations with market potential. Resilience, Gender and Nutrition will be crosscutting themes and will be given much attention during the lifetime of the LLM project
[Describe overview of job missioGENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Officer will have the main responsibility to assist the activities of the program team mainly in the areas of 1) procurement / logistics / admin; 2) M&E support; and 3) strengthening gender initiatives and follow-up. In order to do this it is essential that the Program Officer works in close coordination with the Laputta-based Field Office Coordinator, as well as the senior program advisors and coordinators. Key activities include organizing and facilitating trainings/workshops, assisting in monitoring and reporting on program implementation and learning, and improving relationships with local stakeholders especially with regard to Gender.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Translating program documents, grant program and other documents related to the project; providing translation during training and monitoring visits when requested
· Assisting Yangon-based program team: Responsible for preparing all administrative works of program team such as preparing stationary request, preparing for LLM program trainings & workshops/seminars, filing the program documents, etc.
· Under the close supervision of the Field Office Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible as focal person of procurement and asset/inventory for Laputta office with the following:
- Helping Laputta field staff as needed on creating clear and understandable ToRs, TARs, EERs, PRs, and other documentation;
- Responsible as focal person for the whole procurement process/ procedures required for the program office of Laputta in coordination with Procurement Officer of Country Yangon Office.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards. Prepare Contracts and Agreements assigned by the FOC;.
- Responsible as asset controller of Laputta Office for keeping and maintaining assets & inventory data base of Laputta office in coordination with Sr Logistics Officer inYangon.
- Maintain up-to-date staff database by coordinating with program team and Ygn HR
· Involve and assist in M&E such as the field survey and assessment activities in the Laputta township project area; participate in analysis of data, identification of lessons learned, and development of case studies;
· Support the Senior M&E Officer by taking lead in LLM monitoring tasks (i.e. management of TOLA system, or the data sets of FPEs or training graduates, etc)
· With the LLM Gender Focal Persons ensure that gender equity and inclusion are addressed and monitored according to projected requirements and reported accordingly;
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps;
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
ACCOUNTABILITY : REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Field Office Coordinator-Laputta, LLM Technical Advisors, Sr. M&E Officer, Procurement/Admin/Finace Team-Yangon
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· University degree (background with Rural Development Work, Social Work is preferred);
· Experience in administration, logistics, and procurement especially in NGO settings;
· Knowledge and experience in M&E preferred;
· Interest and experience in addressing gender issues;
· Experience in managing and/or coordinating trainings and workshops is preferred;
· Fluency in English highly preferred (reading, writing, speaking)
· Demonstrable translation skill
· Demonstrable quantitative skills, including familiarity with documentation
· Willingness to travel frequently and work with the team
Applicants should submit their application letter and current CV with complete contact details and three
referees and copy of any testimonies, in a sealed envelope indicating apply position vacancy announcement number to:
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Myanmar
No. (97), 5th and 6th floor of Rangoun Business Center
West Shwe Gon Daing Road,
Bahan Township,Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone – 01 8603041
OR email to: mm‐firstname.lastname@example.org
Add a Comment