(Civil Society Strengthening and Advocacy Programme)
People in Need (PIN) (www.peopleinneed.cz/en
) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in twenty-nine countries around the world. In Myanmar, People in Need started to work in 2002, when it launched the financial assistance to civil society groups and independent media. After 2008, PIN provided humanitarian and relief aid to people affected by typhoon Nargis. Since 2012, PIN has been operating directly from Myanmar, working mainly in the good governance sector where we aim to strengthen local civil society initiatives. PIN´s main objective is to help build-up the capacity of local civil society through promoting partnerships, offering technical assistance and providing financial aid.
Position Title: Programme Coordinator (civil society and advocacy programme)
Location: Yangon with frequent field travels
Duration: 1, 5 year (extendable)
Reports to: Programme Manager
Starting: As soon as possible (April, 2016)
Programme Coordinator (PC) is directly supervised by the Programme Manager and coordinates civil society and advocacy projects in general, including progress, effectiveness, impact and sustainability. Programme Coordinator (PC) is responsible for work planning, implementation of activities, reporting (internal and external)and for the specific quality and timely results. He/she follows all necessary administrative/financial (internal and donor) rules related to implementation. Programme Coordinator manages 4 field officers/coordinators.
Coordination of programme-related activities:
PC predominantly ensures the coordination of activities and quality implementation of civil society programme. PC also supervises timely submission of all requested programme outputs and consolidates and analyses monitoring and evaluation results.
Implementation of projects
• Prepares a workplan together with the team and ensures that the workplan is followed and fulfilled.
• Coordinates and manages project related activities and provides advices on PCM procedures and PIN processes.
• Reports to Programme Manager about the programme implementation.
• Supervises contractual matters related to the programmes.
• Ensures that all administrative and financial tasks are done in time.
• Ensures that project related documents are archived in accordance with mission’s requirements.
• Provides mentoring and coaching activities.
M&E and reporting
• M&E Framework: in collaboration with field officers/coordinators, elaborates and assures that monitoring is conducted according to the framework.
• Assures that the indicators and obligations towards donors related to the projects are fulfilled.
• Assures that direct project costs are being spent in accordance with the budget.
• Writes edits and consolidates donor reports and internal team reports.
Internal and External relations
• Manages and supervises field officers/coordinators in activity implementation.
• Communicates with stakeholders such as CS representatives, local authorities, trainers and resource persons (in coordination with Programme Manager)
• Provides assistance with programme development and strategy (proposal writing).
• Provides assistance with fundraising activities.
• Creates visual and promotional materials.
• Maintains relationships with different project partners and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
• University degree. Further study or training in civil society development, training and curriculum development or advocacy.
• Experience in direct work on projects related to civil society support (capacity building and direct aid)
• Advanced knowledge in Project Cycle Management (all phases of the cycle including M&E, field trips, implementation, administration, etc.) - at least 4 years.
• Previous work for NGOs or international organization (INGOs) is an advantage.
• Willingness to learn to resolve issues in conflict settings
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and confidence to liaison with different stakeholders
• Excellent level of computer literacy - Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Flexible, dynamic and able to meet deadlines.
• Fluency in English and Burmese (speaking, writing and reading is essential), knowledge of any ethnic language(s) welcomed.
As PIN promotes gender balance, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested persons should send a current CV, cover letter and at least 3 professional references until 3rd of April 2016 to the following mail address: email@example.com.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.