Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. With a network of experienced professionals in more than 40 countries, we partner with local communities to put bold ideas into action to help people recover, overcome hardship and build better lives – now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Myanmar since 2008 and is focused on food security; market development; energy access; conflict resolution; and local governance.
Mercy Corps in Myanmar invites interested Myanmar nationals for the following position.
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-280718)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday 17 July 2018 (Before 5:00pm)
Duty Station : Mandalay
Number of Opening(s) : 1
Mercy Corps is a secular INGO that has worked to alleviate poverty and oppression in transitional environments since 1979. Operational in Myanmar since 2008, Mercy Corps implements programs designed to promote food security, economic development, sustainable environmental management, civil society strengthening, and peace that directly benefit local communities in the Delta, the Dry Zone, and Kayah, Rakhine, Shan, and Chin States. Mercy Corps is currently launching the program named “Strengthening Knowledge and Skills of Rights-Based Dispute Resolution for Deputy Township Administrators and Ward and Village Tract Administrators”. This program aims to strengthen the knowledge and skills of program participants to enhance community-based dispute resolution in Myanmar. The program’s two outcomes include: 1) Improved rights-based mediation and dispute resolution skills and confidence of 200 Ward and Village Tract Administrators; 2) Improved communication and collaboration between program participants on initiatives to promote rule of law and justice;
[Describe overview of job missioGENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Project officer will implement Mercy Corps’ peace-building program activities in Mandalay in collaboration with local government, Ward and Village Tract Administrators and civil society stakeholders. Key activities will include organizing and facilitation meetings, trainings, workshops, collecting dispute data and relationship building with local stakeholders, civil society organization, reporting on program implementation and learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Establish and maintain good working relationships with program stakeholders including Ward and Village Tract Administrators, relevant government bodies, CSOs, and communities.
· With support from the other program team members, facilitate training and meeting activities for participating civil society and government leaders on negotiation, communication, diversity and tolerance promotion.
· Conduct mentoring, coaching and dispute tracking activities for the program participants.
· Support the senior program officer in monitoring the project activities and collecting dispute data.
· Document all program activities, achievements and challenges in weekly and monthly reports.
· Provide logistic, organizational, and translation support for trainings, monitoring and evaluation, community mobilization, and other project events.
· Conduct himself/ herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to not jeopardize the program.
· Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: none
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Program Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: technical specialist team, Senior Program officer, M&E team, Operations and Finance staff (procurement, logistics, finance, administration).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge of peace building, negotiation/mediation, civil society capacity building is an advantage
· Previous experience working with LNGOs/INGOs and/or the government.
· Excellent facilitation skills and experience training and mentoring government and civil society leaders.
· Strong communication, coordination, and networking skills; experience developing and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders especially, General Administration Department.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, computer skills, organizational skills, and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Fluency in local language and/or English is an asset
The successful candidate will be a quick learner, enjoy training and coaching, be well-networked with civil society and government leaders, have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, demonstrate initiative and creativity, have a collaborative leadership style, and have strong personal values of tolerance, equality, and inclusivity.
Add a Comment