Career Opportunity: Research Coordinator (Re-Advertisement)
The post is to be based in Yangon and opened to Myanmar Nationals and advertised nationwide.
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: To coordinate Oxfam’s empowerment and accountability research for Myanmar.
Level: C2, National
Employment term: Fixed – Term (until 31 December 2018)
Report to: Programme Quality Manager
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
- Manage day to day project implementation including coordinating with a variety of internal stakeholders
- To coordinate the implementation and reporting of Oxfam’s Empowerment and accountability research as part of a DFID funded multi-country research programme
- To identify and maintain links with national, and international research networks
- To coordinate the day to day partnership with local research agencies
- To coordinate research project in the country
- To oversee and quality check, both quantitative and qualitative data collection processes
- To undertake qualitative data cleaning and support analysis
- To co-draft research products
- Implement strategies and approaches to incorporate research findings into Oxfam’s governance work
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements with regards to information / data management
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience in managing consultants
- Self-motivated and able to independently solve problems
- Proven ability to organise, plan and prioritise work
- Strong management skills (ideally of research projects)
- Strong team player with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to network with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders in a diverse cultural and organisational environment
- Ability to link research findings to Oxfam programmes on the ground
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in both English and Myanmar
- Proven written English skills
- Knowledge of governance and development issues in Myanmar
- Understanding of and identification with Oxfam’s mission and purpose with the ability to ensure that its brand is correctly promoted in all research products
Other desired skills
- Experience of working through partnerships
- Well-developed computer literacy including experience of using MS office application (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel as required and at short notice including to remote locations
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative data collection and management
- Post graduate degree or higher in relevant academic field (Research, Governance, Economics, Political Science, Development Studies, etc).
Closing date: 23 November 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918
Detail and complete job profile is available upon request.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Add a Comment