Senior Administration Officer
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-330818)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday 06 September 2018 (Before 5:00pm)
*Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Duty Station : Yangon
Report to : Operations Manager
Number of Opening(s) : 1
PROGRAM/ DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
The position will be as a member of Operations department in which comprises of functions of procurement, logistics, administration and IT administration etc. Mainly Operations department is to support the programs and operations for not only in Yangon office but also in field offices as well to streamline the programative and activities in line with existing policies and procedure in cost-effective and professional manners. The Operations Manager heads the department.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The incumbent heads the administration section in which comprises of functions of reception, visa processing for expatriate guests and staff, lease management, government liaison & reporting, office management, travel tickets ordering and providing for staff/visitors etc and supervise the team, membered by 2 cleaners, 1 office and security assistant, 1 receptionist and 1 administrative assistant.
Strategy & Vision
• Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcome.
• Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to countrywide strategy development.
• Develop and organize activities to secure resources for programs and convince stakeholders to provide support.
• Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
• Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
• Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
• Hire, orient and lead team members as necessary.
• Be the focal person and initiate and follow up the process for contracting the lease of house (any rental buildings such as house and the office) to newly rent or extend the period based on the need and expired date of lease as per the policies under the guidance by Operations Manager.
• Keep update the lease register and raise the PLIR for newly renting or expanding lease facilities at least 1 and half month ahead for the field offices in collaboration with focal person of field admin.
• Be the focal person, initiate and follow up the process for contracting the (PSA/MSA) for the hotel/accommodations, mobile top-up cards needed for the program activities/ staff accommodation during the field trips in field program areas as per the request by the program team. (PSA –Preferred Supplier Agreement/ MSA- Master Service Agreement))
• Initiate and follow up the premises maintenance such as repair and maintenance in Mercy Corps’ rental houses/ /its structures/ buildings, offices in collaborations and connection with the landlords and tenants (MC), services providers concerned as required.
• Ensuring proper functioning and maintenance of the office equipment, such as call for regular services of copiers, water coolers and other facilities, closely supervise the cleaners for office cleaning, in MC Yangon office. Supervise/oversee the purchases such as office supply and sundries.
• Oversee and organize the office/ department file storage in order together with finance/department concerned and logistics.
• Update the office inventory list such as office furniture and follow up office furniture reshuffled when necessary under approval and supervision by Operations Manager.
• Establish an effective filling system with a file list and keep both hard-copies and soft-copies in terms of administration such as: travel related documents, updated expatriates visa files, MOUs etc,
• Prepare and submit monthly cash flow projection for the portion of Administration sent to Operations Manager.
• Oversee and supervise the meetings and workshops as per the PD and ToR/SoW raised by the programs/operations team.
• Maintain an efficient network with potential authorities in order to keep abreast of changing trends and strategies, and technical requirements of all business communication regulations and policies;
• Keep up and maintain current visas, permit and other documentation for all Mercy Corps expatriate employee and visitors
• Prepare the application letters for the approval from the government ministries concerned for relevant visa such as multiple re entre visa, on arrival visa, then to follow up for extension as approved in connection with government offices under supervision by Operations manager
• Support the documents and letters required to the visitors for on-arrival visa, visa applications for expatriates upon request and required
• Keep updates of visa status of all expatriates working in Myanmar in line with expatriate visa policy, follow up for update visa as required and share the visa update status with all expatriates,
• Supervise the team of administration, receptionist, admin assistant, security and office assistant, cleaners under the management of operations manager.
• As assigned, act as a liaison between Mercy Corps and government ministries in terms of visa application and MOU processing, Registration etc,
• Facilitating, appointing the meetings between the Mercy Corps and Government of Myanmar, if necessary with other organizations,
• Assist the Mercy Corps representatives concerned in the verbal and written translation concerning the above arrangement/invitation/ notices etc
• Work closely with Program Managers/Directors/Finance and Operations Manager on the preparation and submission of Mercy Corps documentations, monthly/annual reports to government authorities,
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Myanmar
In the administration section, incumbent needs to supervise the staff members such as 1 receptionist and 1 administrative assistant, 2 cleaners, 1 office and security assistant.
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager
Works Directly With: Administrative staff as list above and operations team members; senior procurements officer, senior logistics officer, IT administrator, Procurement assistant, IT assistant and drivers; field office admin focal persons
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree holder with at least 2 years of previous experience in similar position with an International Organization;
• Candidate should possess patience, enthusiasm and leadership skill, strong organizational skill and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
• Candidate should have experience of managing people as a supervisor for at least one years.
• Good written and spoken English skill, computer literate with reporting skills are required.
Team Work, Commitment and Motivation and A sense of Humor
Applicants should submit their application letter and current CV with complete contact details and three
referees and copy of any testimonies, in a sealed envelope indicating apply position vacancy announcement number to:
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Myanmar
No. (97), 5th and 6th floor of Rangoun Business Center
West Shwe Gon Daing Road,
Bahan Township,Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone – 01 8603041 OR email to: mm‐email@example.com
Add a Comment