The post is to be based in Yangon and opened to Myanmar National and Advertised nationwide.
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: To ensure an efficient and effective day-to-day human resources functions in Oxfam in Myanmar office and advice to the staff and line managers in the Country Programme, particularly in the areas of recruitment, resource planning and pay and benefits of staff including international staff.
Level: National, D1
Employment term: Fixed-term (1 year – Possible Extension)
Report to: Human Resources Manager
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
Human Resource Business Process
- Ensure staff’s records and HR information are up to dated and Global HR database (PeopleSoft and O drive) are kept up to date and hygienic according to the guide line.
- Update, create, and maintain staff records into Global HR database (Oxfam People Soft) (e.g. contract, personal info, performance management records, training, medical claim etc.) in timely manner.
- Ensure absentee management system in Global HR database (Oxfam People Soft) are running well in Myanmar
- Ensure soft and hard copy of staff records (staff personal files) are hygiene and kept up to date for the whole country
- Support recruitments process effectively and ensure recruitment process are done in accordance with Oxfam policies and procedure
- Ensure references are done in accordance Oxfam reference system
- Ensure organogram are up to date on monthly basic
- Ensure effective induction for new joiners are done in accordance with policy
- Ensure employment contract are done in timely manner
- Strengthen HR administration systems and practices including data quality management to have effective HR service
- Ensure calculation of monthly salary including pay slip and income tax
- Ensure quarterly or yearly income tax payment for national and international staff to Myanmar IRD, in coordination with country tax law and Oxfam finance procedure
- Ensure staff (both national and international) benefits (accommodation, education, flights, relocation assistance, medical etc.) are communicated and verified accurately in a timely manner.
- Ensure medical reimbursement for all staff are accordance with Oxfam Medical plan
- Support HR Manager on national staff annual pay review period
- Ensure staff are aware of their entitlements and of the policies and procedures that govern the administration of these entitlements
- Ensure leaver process are done in a timely manner and in accordance with Oxfam policy and procedure
- Ensure end of employment contract (EOC) payment including gratuity booking calculation are correct and in line with Oxfam policies and payments are done in timely manner
- Support HR Manager during Audit period
Health & Safety
- Collect monthly health & safety report from field offices, combine and send monthly health & Safety report
- Ensure Health and safety assessments including field offices are done
- Support staff on health & safety related issues and incidents including dealing with hospital, Cigna and seek advice from HR Manager for required action
- Line-manage HR Assistant in accordance with Oxfam’s HR policies, demonstrating high standards of accountability and transparency
- Manage the performance of line managed staff through objective setting, regular performance review, managing feedbacks and regular monitor performance development plans
- Manage attendance of staff in accordance with Oxfam HR policies
- Support and advice to Line Manager and staff related to HR business process and administration practices
- In the event of humanitarian situation, work as a member of the Emergency Response Team
- Carry out any additional responsibility as required by the line manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Any degree holder, preferred specific qualification in human resources management.
- Previous experience (at least 3 years) in human resource management, either in INGO, Local NGO or in private company.
- Good written and spoken English and Myanmar language
- Good computer skill, excel, word, power point
- Have a good communication skills and adaptability to the diverse and difficult circumstances Ability to understand the principles of employment practice and law.
- Good organisational abilities with ability to work to deadlines and manage time well.
- Excellent team member with experience of working diverse work group.
- Full commitment to achieving organisational goals.
- Commitment to Gender equality, Diversity issues, Equal Opportunities
- Be able to travel within Myanmar and outside Myanmar
Closing date: 8th June 2018, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through email@example.com
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.