UNFPA – because everyone counts.
The United Nations Population Fund: Delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Position & Grade: Project Assistant
No. of Position: 2 Posts
Duty Stations: Maungdaw, Northern Rakhine State and Lashio, Northern Shan State
Type of contract: Service Contract
Application Deadline: 7 November 2017 (5:00 pm Yangon Time)
Applicants can be submitted to the following UNFPA Office:
To: UNFPA Representative
Attention: International Operations Manager
UNFPA, No. 6, Natmauk Road, Yangon
Sittwe Sub-Office: Myin Si Pyin and Pyi Taw Thar road (Corner), North San Pya, Pyi Taw Thar Qtr, Sittwe
Myitkyina Sub-Office: No.180, Kyaung Htine Bone Kyi Kyaung Street, Yuzana Qtr, Myitkyina
C/O Maungdaw (UNHCR): Ward - 6, 3 Mile, Maungdaw (IND compound)
C/O Lashio (WFP): No.1, Kant Kaw Street, Block 1, Lashio, Nothern Shan State.
For further details, please find the attached vacancy announcement and also at UNFPA website at the following link: http://myanmar.unfpa.org/en/vacancies/project-assistant or 2017_007_VA_Project%20Assistant_2%20Posts_MD%2C%20Lashio_SC5.pdf
Qualifications and Experience
Completion of secondary level education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience in programme/project management;
- Previous experience in the UN is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills;
- Computer literacy - Word, Excel, Power-point, etc;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Working experience in respective sub-office is an asset;
- Knowledge on the local context is desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English and Myanmar languages is essential. Knowledge and understanding of local context is an asset. Fluency in local languages is an asset.
Add a Comment