Announcement of Stand-By Roster for Women Employees (Monitoring Assistant)
(ဤအလုပ္ေၾကာ္ျငာစာသည္ ကုလသမဂၢ ကမ ၻာ့စားနပ္ရိကၡာအစီအစဥ္တြင္တာ၀န္ထမ္းေဆာင္ရန္ စိတ္၀င္စားေသာ အမ်ိဳးသမီးမ်ား အတြက္ျဖစ္ၿပီး၊ လစ္လပ္ရာထူးေပၚေပါက္လာေသာအခါတြင္ အရန္သင့္ခန္႕ထားႏိုင္ရန္ ရည္ရြယ္ပါသည္။)
Post Title : Monitoring Assistant
Contract type : GS/SC-4 (General Services/ Service Contract Level 4)
Number of Positions : As per operational need
Duty Station : As per below
Kachin State : Myitkyina, Bhamo
Dry Zone : Pakokku
Rakhine State : Maungdaw, Sittwe,
Shan State : Lashio, Pang Kham
South East Region : Mawlamyine, Hpa-an,
Chin State : Hakha
Validity of Roster : April 2019 to March 2020
Period of Services : Variable from 1 to 12 months
(Extension will be subject to operational requirement)
Deadline for Application : 19 February 2019
The purpose of the Stand-By Roster is empowering women workforce participation at World Food Program in Myanmar and, therefore, qualified women are invited for the inclusion in the Stand-By Roster for the post of Monitoring Assistant at various duty stations of WFP Myanmar, which are under the direct supervision of respective Head of Field Offices.
Monitoring Assistants are primarily responsible for performing monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Under the direct supervision by the Snr. Programme Associate/ Programme Assistant and overall supervision by the Head of Field-Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties: -
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the local level, in close collaboration with the implementing partners;
• Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged;
• Supervise the efficient distribution of food items at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Field Officers and others on the distribution;
• Assist in the conduct of regular meetings of refugee leaders and implementing partners on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues;
• Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly;
• Assist the WFP Officer and implementing partners in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities;
• Report periodically to the WFP Officer on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues;
• Identify any apparent issues in the programme and report them to the appropriate personnel;
• Supervise and train other personnel as appropriate;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of secondary school education and supplemented with experience or additional education in education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field. A University degree holder with experience in related field will be advantaged.
Preferable to have at least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of statistics, refugee operations. Experience in following areas is an advantage.
• Has experience analyzing programme output and outcome data.
• General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
Knowledge & Skill
Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice. Ability to perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Preferable to have general knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing procurement administration. Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
Fluency in both oral and written in English and Myanmar. The ability to communicate in local ethnic language will be an added advantage.
The interested candidates should submit a brief CV (or) UN P11 form and one page motivation letter by 19 February 2019. Most qualified candidates will be invited for further assessment such as written test and interview etc. The outcomes of the assessment will determine the inclusion in the stand-by roster.
Candidates qualifying for the stand-by roster will be invited for final assessment when the vacant post is in place. The eligibility in the roster is valid only for the period of April 2019 to March 2020
and is subject to continuous successful performance.
Please send applications to: Human Resources Unit
Stand-By Roster for Monitoring Assistant
(Desired Duty Station: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street, Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remark: Please mention the desired duty station in the application.
Note: Applications are invited from Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references. Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.
ေလွ်ာက္ထားလိုသည့္ၿမိဳ႕နယ္ကို အလုပ္ေလွ်ာက္လႊာတြင္ေသခ်ာစြာေရးသားေဖာ္ျပရန္ ႏွင့္ အမ်ိဳးသမီးမ်ားသာေလွ်ာက္ထားရန္ရည္ရြယ္ပါသည္။
Add a Comment