National Community Driven Development Project (NCDDP
A great opportunity to join a dynamic international NGO with strong career development prospects.
Mercy Corps Myanmar has worked with the Department of Rural Development (DRD) to implement the National Community Driven Development Project (NCDDP) funded by the World Bank since November 2013. We have worked in 7 townships including five current townships in Ayeyarwaddy Division, Southern Shan State, West Bago Division.
Mercy Corps is calling for applications from qualified Myanmar nationals to serve in Ngapudaw Township as Team Leader (Lead Community Driven Development/Training Specialist).
You will be based in Ngapudaw working closely with your team and Township DRD to train and support community facilitators and technical facilitators and implement a quality CDD program. You will attend meetings in Naypyidaw and conduct exchange visits to other townships. You will also get training and technical support from Union DRD and Mercy Corps Yangon office.
Your application must meet minimum educational requirements and include:
- Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying and a short description of how your experience matches the terms of reference for that position; and
- Current CV with: Name, date of birth, contact details, educational qualifications, other training, full description of your work experience (including position, organisation, start and finish dates and main duties) and name/contact details for three referees.
Please email your application to: email@example.com or post to: Human Resources Department, Mercy Corps, No. (97), 5th and 6th floor of Rangoun Business Center, West Shwe Gon Dine Road, Bahan Township, Yangon.
We will interview on a rolling basis until the position is filled so please send your application as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR NATIONAL COMMUNITY DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Team Leader (Lead CDD/ Training Specialist)
Deadline – Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019
Duty station : Ngapudaw, Ayeyarwaddy Division
Reports to : National Program Advisor
Number of Opening : 1
SCOPE OF WORK
The Team Leader (Lead Community Driven Development/Training Specialist) leads and manages a team of five specialists, community facilitators, and technical facilitators to provide quality technical assistance to the Township DRD staff and communities.
- Support township DRD office in all aspects of project implementation according to the project operations manual.
- Manage a team of Consultant staff and community facilitators and technical facilitators, monitor their performance and ensure timely delivery of quality outputs
- Monitor implementation of the grievance handling system at the township level
- Provide on-the-job training and capacity building to DRD staff on all aspects of project management at the township level
- Provide training to village tract project support committees, village committees, community and technical facilitators, and village volunteers on project operations and the community project cycle
- Prepare a training plan for village tract project support committees and village committees based on the project operations manual
- Monitor and measure training results
- Ensure that all required reports to DRD are submitted on time and are complete and accurate.
- Ensure strong cooperation with DRD
- Ensure linkages with other line departments at the township level
- Academic degree in social sciences and at least five years of project management experience, with a particular focus on community development and community-based infrastructure or at least seven years of relevant experience in project management
- Proven track record in capacity building including designing, facilitating and managing capacity building activities
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in teams and with government counterparts
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to resolve conflict
- Prior experience of working in rural Myanmar
- Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- High level of English language skills in speaking and writing
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project villages
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver in a timely manner