Vice Consul B3(L)
(Deadline for applications: 13 May 2015)
The British Embassy in Rangoon is part of a world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British security, prosperity and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit a Vice Consul – Grade B3(L) on a 1-Year Fixed Term contract.
The jobholder will be responsible for the day-to-day consular operation in Rangoon, reporting to the Consular Regional Operations Manager in Bangkok. They will deliver effective and efficient consular assistance and fee-bearing services to British nationals; contributing to the delivery of the regional consular business plan, the country business plan and leading on consular elements of emergency planning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consular assistance to British nationals in difficulty across the full range of casework: visiting prisoners, dealing with hospitalisations, victims of crime, processing applications for Emergency Travel Documents etc.
- Provide notarial and documentary services to British nationals
- Manage daily consular workload, streamlining processes where possible to deliver effective and efficient service.
- Receive and account for consular fees.
- Monitor trends in management information, assistance casework and fee-bearing services. Ensure that Consular Business Targets (CBT) and individual objectives are met.
- Managing consular budgets.
- Provide statistical returns and reporting throughout the year.
- Handling correspondence, counter enquiries and telephone enquiries escalated by the consular contact centre.
- Monitor and update travel advice, including recommendations for social media messaging.
- Ensure that senior members of staff in the Embassy and the regional consular network, are briefed on significant consular cases or trends.
- Develop a Communications and Outreach Programme with local authorities and British Groups, identifying and building contacts with external organisations and stakeholders.
- Develop working-level contacts with ministries, other diplomatic missions and the travel industry in support of day to day consular work and wider Embassy crisis planning. Develop an outreach programme outside the capital to cover regional authorities, emergency services and stakeholders.
- Prepare for and respond appropriately to mass casualty incidents or crises.
- Experience of a similar service delivery role in another Embassy, NGO or international organization would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken. For candidates with English as a second language, certification at IELTS (or equivalent) level 7 or higher within the last 2 years is required. All skill areas (Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading) must be IELTS score 6.5 or higher.
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to travel across the country and occasionally internationally, as needed
- Willingness to work additional hours as necessary, sometimes unsociable hours during a crisis
- Spoken Burmese is desirable but not essential
- Changing & Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Collaborating & Partnering
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Demonstrating Resilience
Compensation package includes
- Flexible working hours (35 hours net per week)
- Competitive salary starting from USD 15,708 per annum
- 22 days paid annual leave
- Medical package
- Training and development opportunities
Please send your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-r... to email@example.com
All applications must be received on or before 13 May 2015.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation for Burma in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
We regret to advise that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Rangoon are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law. The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.